Exceeding the number of symbols message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceeding the number of symbols message

I keep getting this message from QCharts even though the number of symbols displayed at the bottom says 199 syms/0 Max. My subscription allows 200 symbols. Any idea why this message keeps comimg up?

Why? Exceeded message for VIEWED and TOTAL

Has there been a change in procedure regarding our symbol limit?

Lately I'm getting the exceeded message for "Viewed" and "Total" and not just "DM" which matches the symbol count on my workspace.

The "viewed" and "total" don't seem to clear out after time.

Surely it's not accumulating and keeping a tally of viewed????

My understanding is that I'm paying for 500 symbols on the workspace. I don't understand why I get the "exceeded" message for viewed and total.

When the message appears, it halts some of my options data.

It causes me to have to shut down and reopen Qcharts, and that is not acceptable to me since I "collect" intraday options in bar charts (to simulate the intraday options charts we had prior to the changes in 2007).

As always, I am appreciative of the Qcharts program and the talented Qcharts staff. Thank you for your hard work.

Comment

Make it pop up over the workspace... Symbol Limit Exceeded window

For me, it would work best for "Symbol Limit Exceeded" window to pop up over the workspace, rather than below it as it currently does.

It seems to me that if the "Symbol Limit Exceeded" window has popped up, that my workspace is then restricted, AND I DON'T KNOW IT!! At least not until something seems off, and I say, OMG, that "Symbol Limit Exceeded" window must be there, and sure enough it is sitting there under my workspace.

My workspaces are all under 400 symbols, but I do switch back and forth among two workspaces. I'm OK with the first workspace, and then I switch to the other workspace, and it's fine, then I switch back to the original workspace and the "Symbol Limit Exceeded" window is there.

I've just figured this out this morning, duh, so I'll come up with a procedure that works for me.

I do request, however, that the "Symbol Limit Exceeded" window pop up OVER the workspace so I'll know that my data is going to be degraded and I'll do something about it before some major error (like the chart not filling for ten minutes).

If somehow I have misunderstood how any of this is working I am open to guidance.

Thanks, as always, for the excellent support from all of you in this forum.

Comment

I'd like to also offer a QCharts Programming solution to this... when changing workspaces, would it be possible to automatically reset the symbol count in use and do a recount when the new workspace opens?

Just my two cents...

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X