Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print Workspace is printing the 'Print Dialog' box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Workspace is printing the 'Print Dialog' box?

Hmm, this is a new one for me...

I have a multi-monitor workspace, and I just tried to print using Print Workspace. When I did, QCharts printed the Print Dialog box on top of my charts. Definitely didn't do that with some older versions of QCharts, but I haven't printed any workspaces in a while...

Print Chart didn't do this, just Print Workspace.

Anyone else experience this? I have the printed page in my hand, so I definitely didn't imagine it.

I've seen this before, but not often at all.

All the specs please?
    - O/S? - 32bit? 64bit? SP level?
    - Exact printer make & model
    - Exact video card make & model

If I'm remembering right, the user I was working with before was on Win7 64bit and on a Canon printer - but don't remember which one.

Comment

Hi Bill,

This is a Win7 32-bit Professional OS box. It has been updated to SP1.

The printer is an HP OfficeJet 7410xi connected via USB to the desktop.

The graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 420. PCIx16 if I remember correctly.

If you are interested in specific driver levels or anything, let me know. I generally keep this box up to date, although I know I haven't updated the video driver in a while (ironic, since I work for NVIDIA. .

Thanx!

Comment

Thanks for the details - that's what I'm after. To start with - I'd suggest that you make certain that you have the latest drivers for the printer and video card and get that far.

I'll crank up the Win7 side of my trading computer when I get home tonight and look further on my side.

I do know what you're talking about with the print dialog box showing up when you "print workspace" - just struggling to remember what me and that user did to fix it as it was a while back - over 1 1/2 years ago or so.

If you want to, you can PM me a Skype ID (if you have one) or a phone number and we can get on the phone and run thru some checks - I'll be able to talk after about 6:15pm EST or so tonight.

Comment

Working...
        X