Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Last" Data and Monthly/Weekly Charts are Skewed

The data showing in LAST is way off.

My monthly and weekly charts are skewed inaccurately because of this.

For example, GS.

Last shows 115.99
    It charts 115.99 on the monthly and weekly.
    It charts 154.51 on the daily and all lower charts I checked.

The same effect is happening to STT, LM, MS, GHL, AMP, DB. SMG, RRC, BTU, EOG, TS, NBR, and on and on and on.

I've logged off and shut down twice and no change.

Maybe there's some maintenance going on since it's a holiday, but I like to do research on days like today and I need the accuracy.

Also, thought I'd mention it so it will be OK when the market opens again on Monday.

Thanks for the excellent Qcharts program and for your stellar work in supporting the user.

I'm seeing the same thing here. I had planned to spend this afternoon going through charts but this will make it challenging.

Telephone support simply states that the offices are closed for the holiday and will reopen on Monday.

Does anyone know if there is someone from QCharts monitoring these forums?

Unfortunately, I do not have a great deal of confidence that this issue will be resolved for Monday.

Jim

Comment

Same here. It is very frustrating to look at QCharts today.

I have doubts whether anyone from eSignal monitors these forums anymore. I made four posts in one thread over 10 days on the QLink forum and no one as yet commented on this bug in QLink.

Thanks,
      Tom

Comment

Just a "FYI" the eSignal program does not show this issue so it must be a QCharts issue only.

~Bob

Comment

Looks like the server side issue has now been corrected. The garbage trade activity today 4/22 for NYSE stocks (only) are now correct regarding LAST. Earlier I saw the issue in both QCharts and eSignal 10.6

LAM

Comment

I'd add that it isn't just last prices, it is highs and lows as well. Look at JPM. 9:30am today high is 124.99 and the low is 0.02. JPM is a 44 dollar stock.

It looks to me like the holiday file isn't updated or something. These screwy prices seem to all be showing up at 9:30 today. If the market hours file could exclude today's prices, it sure would make it better.

Thanks,
            Tom

Comment

Hey Tom,

For some reason, you haven't picked up the current MktHours file. See attached.

Here's the link for fixing that...
              http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...802#post135802

LAM

Originally posted by tradertom
              I'd add that it isn't just last prices, it is highs and lows as well. Look at JPM. 9:30am today high is 124.99 and the low is 0.02. JPM is a 44 dollar stock.

It looks to me like the holiday file isn't updated or something. These screwy prices seem to all be showing up at 9:30 today. If the market hours file could exclude today's prices, it sure would make it better.

Thanks,
              Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey Larry!

I tried the workaround (twice, actually) but it is still showing a big gap for today's charts. Also showing the whacked out highs and lows for GS and JPM, etc as discussed below. Not sure what else to do but wait till the mystical computer pixies come and tweak my QCharts program folder files till they are fixed.

But thanks for the help anyway. I think I will go out and work in the garage for a few hours...

Thanks,
                Tom

Comment

PM on the way.

LAM

Originally posted by tradertom
                  Hey Larry!

I tried the workaround (twice, actually) but it is still showing a big gap for today's charts. Also showing the whacked out highs and lows for GS and JPM, etc as discussed below. Not sure what else to do but wait till the mystical computer pixies come and tweak my QCharts program folder files till they are fixed.

But thanks for the help anyway. I think I will go out and work in the garage for a few hours...

Thanks,
                  Tom

Comment

Ok, I don't know what's up but when I follow those instructions to get a markethrs.inf file downloaded with a date newer than 4/18 I get some really ugly charts for GS.

I had editied my old markethrs.inf file and inserted a line of 20110422H after every instance of 20110221H and I was able to get rid of the gaps for today's charts but I was still seeing price changes on numerous symbols in the quote sheets and the last price for GS as well as others was off and skewed my charts.

Anyway, I put back my old self edited file and now I have no gaps for today other than my futures charts but I can live with that for the weekend and GS appears to be charting properly now.

I'm beginning to think either this thing is haunted or it's a sign that I need to be doing something else

Btw Tom, yes, the employees from IDC seem to be conspicuously absent here lately. I'm guessing that the ownership changes have brought about upper management changes with new directions being planned for ESignal products. No doubt also us retail customers do not rate the same amount of support and attention that their corporate clients do. I've witnessed application support from both the retail side and the corporate paid support contract side and the corporate side definitely receives preferential treatment while the retail side is very often ignored.

Have a great weekend

Jim

Comment

All I can share is that the file on the servers (MktHours.TAB) is correct. On my XP Pro SP3 system, I'm not having an issue with obtaining the file.

PM on the way.

LAM
                      Originally posted by JimRutherford
                      Ok, I don't know what's up but when I follow those instructions to get a markethrs.inf file downloaded with a date newer than 4/18 I get some really ugly charts for GS.

I had editied my old markethrs.inf file and inserted a line of 20110422H after every instance of 20110221H and I was able to get rid of the gaps for today's charts but I was still seeing price changes on numerous symbols in the quote sheets and the last price for GS as well as others was off and skewed my charts.

Anyway, I put back my old self edited file and now I have no gaps for today other than my futures charts but I can live with that for the weekend and GS appears to be charting properly now.

I'm beginning to think either this thing is haunted or it's a sign that I need to be doing something else

Btw Tom, yes, the employees from IDC seem to be conspicuously absent here lately. I'm guessing that the ownership changes have brought about upper management changes with new directions being planned for ESignal products. No doubt also us retail customers do not rate the same amount of support and attention that their corporate clients do. I've witnessed application support from both the retail side and the corporate paid support contract side and the corporate side definitely receives preferential treatment while the retail side is very often ignored.

Have a great weekend

Jim

Comment

There was a problem with a holiday file that permitted test data from NYSE and AMEX to hit our databases. Problem has been resolved and last sale data should be good. History data should all be good by later tonight after scripts run to clean the errors.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle the issue may have caused.

Comment

Note: This issue is different than the one Scott mentions. This is about a bad QCharts MktHours file.

Just talked with Jim. In the process, discovered that indeed one of the 3 file servers has a back-level MktHours.

If your MktHours.TAB and MktHours.INF do NOT have this as the first line in the file...
                          //20110422--USA-GOOD-FRIDAY-UPDATE

I have uploaded the correct file to FileShare as MktHours.UNF. As y'all probably know, a UNF over-rides an INF. So download this MktHours.UNF and put it into your QCharts folder. A restart of QCharts will be required to pick up the UNF.

http://share.esignal.com/download.js...e=MktHours.UNF

I will let support know what's up, and will post back here when the servers have been corrected. One must delete manually a UNF.

To Scott - a PM is on the way explaining what's up with the file servers.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Scott, that explains some of the issue and helps a lot.

Have a great weekend

Jim

Originally posted by ScottJ
                            There was a problem with a holiday file that permitted test data from NYSE and AMEX to hit our databases. Problem has been resolved and last sale data should be good. History data should all be good by later tonight after scripts run to clean the errors.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you Larry. I have alerted our Operations people to investigate.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X