Qchart Not Loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qchart Not Loading

I have a computer that I did not use for more than two months now (since I bought a laptop).
    Today, I wanted to use my desktop. I clicked on QChart (6.2) and the page open and the manager loads in too, but the screen stays blank. I thought it may have problem finding the last Workspace I used to use, so I selected the option to open a blank page. I get the blank page, but I click on "File" and the "open workspace" is blanked out, so I can not open any of may previously used ones.
    Any idea as to the reason and the solution? Thanks
    Last edited by Elneweihi; 05-25-2011, 06:04 PM.

Ahmed,

Nothing specific comes to mind. There was a required upgrade to 6.2.1 sometime back. You could re-install. See if that resets whatever may have gone whack, or perhaps gets you to the correct version.

http://www.qcharts.com/download/default.asp#download

LAM

Comment

Ahmed - check to see if the "Entitled" status down in the lower right is green. If not, you won't be able to load a workspace.

HTH,
      lugz

Comment

I downloaded the installation file and run the program. After some files are installed, it came with "Installation of InstallWizard is complete. After the remaining installations.... would be a good idea to reboot". I click on "Finish" which is the only choice available to me, but no further steps of installations occur. I rebooted and clicked to start the program, I get in, but the status at the bottom still has "Entitled" and "Market Depth" in red and remain red. After a few seconds "PWD" and "DM" turn from green to red. So, I am back to the problem I have. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks

Comment

Ahmed,

Nothing specific to try from me. Sorry. Consider calling support so they can Webex into your system and poke around to see what's up if there's no other suggestions from forum folks that work out for you. Over and out.

LAM

Originally posted by Ahmed Elneweihi
          I downloaded the installation file and run the program. After some files are installed, it came with "Installation of InstallWizard is complete. After the remaining installations.... would be a good idea to reboot". I click on "Finish" which is the only choice available to me, but no further steps of installations occur. I rebooted and clicked to start the program, I get in, but the status at the bottom still has "Entitled" and "Market Depth" in red and remain red. After a few seconds "PWD" and "DM" turn from green to red. So, I am back to the problem I have. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks

Comment

No loads

It must be the case that you have your subscription encumbered by another device, say, your laptop. Your laptop may be continually logged on. You can't run two separate devices on the same feed, but you can run two feed pulls on the same device. So you have to choose which device will hold Data Manager's focus.

Comment

Qchart Not Loading

And how can I do what you suggested. I always ensured that I am logged off my laptop Qchart before I tried to access it from the desktop. Do I have to turn off my laptop in case the program is still running even after I logged off?

Comment

Ahmed,
                You could try this:
                Do a clean and scrub install. Follow this specific procedure:
                http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/uninstalling_v6.htm

Then, if that doesn't work, I'd get on the phone to support. Something account-wise may be no good.

Cheers,
                Bill

Comment

Re: Qchart Not Loading

And how can I do what you suggested.

I suggested that you can't have two instances of Data Manager coresident.

I always ensured that I am logged off my laptop Qchart before I tried to access it from the desktop. Do I have to turn off my laptop in case the program is still running even after I logged off?

When you close Qcharts on your laptop you have to close Data Manager because Data Manager won't close if it's bound to another instance. In fact, Data manager won't close if you close all instances.

If you're running Qcharts and you elect to exit the program, the program will ask you if you want to close Data Manager. If you don't choose to close Data Manager and then later try to run another instance of Qcharts maybe on another device also concurrently trying to use your subscription, the program will act as you have described. It will block.

Comment

Ahhaha, I always close the data manager by selecting that option when I close QChart. To remove all doubts, I shutdown my laptop, started Qcharts from my Desktop and still have the same problem. I noticed the following which may mean something to you. First when I open Qchart the status at the bottom still has "Entitled" and "Market Depth" in red and remain red. After a few seconds "PWD" and "DM" turn from green to red. When I exit Qchart and say "Yes" to closing the Data Manager, the Qchart close down, but the DM stays uo and I have to close it manually. It seems there is a disconnect between the Qchart and the DM and I do not know why. I tried to use the Scrub to remove Qchart and any extensions of it, downloaded the latest version and still have exactly the same problem

Comment

Ahhaha, I always close the data manager by selecting that option when I close QChart.

When you close you get a Data Manager screen which has ">>more" on it. Select ">>more" and check both boxes. Then shut down and restart.

First when I open Qchart the status at the bottom still has "Entitled" and "Market Depth" in red and remain red. After a few seconds "PWD" and "DM" turn from green to red.

This indicates that you have two accesses where only one subscription supports them. That's why I'm claiming you have another task trying to use DM's resources. Also, it may be the case that you still have two "winros.exe" running in task manager or two "Qcharts.exe". I've had both coresident on my machine before! If you have two instances up as indicated in task manager, blow out one of them.

When I exit Qchart and say "Yes" to closing the Data Manager, the Qchart close down, but the DM stays uo and I have to close it manually.

Do the above with ">>more" and then get back to me.

It seems there is a disconnect between the Qchart and the DM and I do not know why.

It's like a split event which isn't listed in the date file.

I tried to use the Scrub to remove Qchart and any extensions of it, downloaded the latest version and still have exactly the same problem

Don't do that. Waste of time.

Does this problem occur on the laptop when the desktop is turned off?

Comment

Qchart Not Loading

Ahhaha, I followed all your instructions step by step, but unfortunately I still have the same problem. When I found one more copy of Qchart.exe I was happy and thought we are near a solution. I permanantely deleted it and rebooted the computer but i still have the problem. I found the two boxes when you press More are filled on both my laptop and my desktop.

Comment

Re: Qchart Not Loading

\When I found one more copy of Qchart.exe I was happy and thought we are near a solution.

We are.

I permanantely deleted it

You merely deleted this instance, not necessarily stopping a repeating of the doubling behavior.

Consider. If you have one instance of Qcharts.exe running as evidenced by checking task manager, and then you doubleclick the tree listing of the executable, you'll get a screen stating that you can't have two instances co-resident. So how did you find two instances listed in task manager previously? You did because there's something else going on here that you can't correct from your machine. I'll explain what once you answer the below question.

Did you shut down your desktop and run Qcharts from the laptop without the problem?

Comment

QCharts Not Loading

Ahhaha,

I found the other copy not from the task manager, but by doing a search on my computer for files "Qcharts.exe". I never got any complaint by task manager of trying to run two copies at the same time. I do not understand the following quoted part of your message "and then you doubleclick the tree listing of the executable, you'll get a screen stating that you can't have two instances co-resident". But in any case, I did the following tests.

1- I left my QChart active on my laptop and went downstairs to my desktop, clicked on Qcharts and I got the same behaviour I complained about. The task manager came up saying System Normal, reception is ok and password is ok. In other words, the task manager did not even complain that I am running Qcharts on my laptop.

2- I left my QChart as is on my desktop, went upstairs and logged off my still active Qcharts, then started it again and it came up working normal and active. This means the task manager enacted by my laptop was not aware that I have Qchart "logged in but not working" on my desktop.

Comment

1- I left my QChart active on my laptop and went downstairs to my desktop, clicked on Qcharts and I got the same behaviour I complained about.

I could have predicted that. You aren't following my instructions.

The task manager came up saying System Normal, reception is ok and password is ok.

We are talking about Windows Task Manager, under "processes" tab, which when clicked will give you a list of all the processes, tasks, exes, resident in RAM. You bring up the task manager task when you type "Ctrl + Alt + Delete".

2- I left my QChart as is on my desktop, went upstairs and logged off my still active Qcharts, then started it again and it came up working normal and active.

We are making some progress.

I've already told you that you can't have two instances, that is, c'est a dire, two executables on two different machines pulling off the same subscription. eSignal considers that stealing.

This means the task manager(sic) Data Manager, enacted by my laptop was not aware that I have Qchart "logged in but not working" on my desktop.

When you got Qcharts going on your laptop it blocked your desktop's feed. When you close Qcharts on your laptop you're leaving winros.exe up as indicated in Windows task manager on your laptop. You said you checked both boxes on the ">>more" page on your laptop, but somehow you seem to be running another instance of it or of Qcharts on your laptop so that your desktop remains blocked.

Thus, you have to follow my instructions. Shut down your laptop router port and turn off your laptop. Then try running Qcharts on your desktop.
                              Last edited by ahhaha; 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X