QCharts Freezes on High Volume Tickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts Freezes on High Volume Tickers

For quite some time Qcharts freezes on very high volume tickets like SPY, ES #F, etc. during the market day. You can click the ticker and look at it for 5 seconds but if you leave it in view longer the program freezes.

This is not a system issue. I have the highest end quad core processor on the market and a 15mbs connection from Time Warner.

At least 2 of my peers who have been using the product with me for the past 4 years are having the same issue with no resolution from eSignal. They have chosen to abandon QCharts for similar charting functionality on TD Ameritrades's ThinkorSwim which is free if you have an account.

I've called this problem in previously, my peers have called it in. No diagnosis or resolution has been forthcoming.

Regards,
    Ken Camut
    704-609-3662

I have this issue. I called and spoke with a very helpful support person but we were unsuccessful is resolving the issue. After a de-install and reinstall we could not prevent the system from locking up. It's very evident that it is specific tickers and they are not the same every day. When BAC was in motion it locked up. Every day the ES and NQ futures lock up. Sometimes its GC futures. I have a top of the line PC and a 20 meg download cable modem connection. It doesnt matter if I have 1 symbol in the workspace or 500. I even started with a new workspace on the new install with no symbols. Add ES and it would lock up. Very frustrating.

I have loaded TOS and have everything but Auto-wave the very specific time frames for intra-day. But other than that the RSI, MACD w/ histogram, and ADX indicators are working just fine.

Comment

Working...
    X