QCharts EOL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts EOL?

It looks like the Beta testing forum has been shut down (or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong thing) ... and there doesn't seem to be any (or very little) official responses to any posts/questions here... not to mention that there are a few nagging, persistent problems that have existed for years now with what appears to be no intention of ever fixing them.

I guess what I'm asking... is this the end of the line (or End Of Life if you prefer) for QCharts?

Well done for posting this.

I was thinking the same thing after having been a Qcharts User for so, so many years now.

I hope your question gets answered pronto, as I am thinking this week of maybe researching other charting packages now.

I would have expected some further beta news by now.

Comment

I still see the Beta Testing forum for QCharts, but the last active post was in 2009.

I thought someone had posted on the forum that there would be a "final" QCharts 6.3 release sometime around the end of 2011. Since QCharts 6 modified the software to use eSignal data servers, I am thinking that the developers might have put the QCharts user interface on top of the eSignal code for a 6.3 release. There really has not been much additional development of QCharts functionality since 5.0.

IMHO, the current QCharts really seems like eSignal without the ability to write your own studies, and without the additional chart types and tick chart capabilities. If you think about it, keeping the QCharts price below the eSignal price makes sense if you position QCharts as an eSignal version with more user friendly charting and without the end user programmability.

There are lots of other charting packages out there that duplicate or even exceed QCharts' capabilities, but none of them, except TradeStation, have the depth of historical data QCharts provides. As an aside, I was researching TradeStation and ran across the fact that they were recently purchased by Monex Group, a Japanese broker. Also, the article I read said TradeStation was a small broker with only 48,000 subscribers (don't know if all TradeStation users also use them for their trading accounts).

Comment

Most of of our desktop engineering resources are focused on the eSignal 11 series. 11.3 will be released this week and we'll be adding some of the popular QCharts functionality into the 11 series in the next few versions. The QCharts platform will get more attention in the future but our plan is to dedicate most resources to what we see as the strongest platform going forward and that's the 11 series.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for the update. Now, if we could just get a special pricing deal on eSignal for QCharts users .

-Dan

Comment

Working...
          X