Please Fix Pivot Study in Next Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Fix Pivot Study in Next Release

The daily pivot lines for instruments that trade outside of regular equity trading hours have been incorrect for at least the last several years and it would really be great if you all could correct it in the next QCharts release. You can clearly see this when you turn on the daily pivot lines on an intraday ES #F chart. The daily pivot lines start at midnight, instead of properly starting at the open time of 4:30 PM. If I try to change the default setting of “open to close” to “4:30 PM to 4:15 PM” the daily pivot lines disappear. The charts I get with my broker accounts have no problems displaying these pivot lines correctly. Given the price I pay for QCharts it would be appreciated if you could fix this pivot lines issue.

Also, the daily close prices are incorrect for ES #F. QCharts uses the settlement price as the close, instead of using the closing price. The close price is what is needed to calculate the pivot values. Settlement price is a calculation done by CME to create a value to use for daily mark to market purposes, if I understand things correctly.

QChart's future

A lot of these bugs that have been in the QCharts program for a long time are going to be fixed when we finish adding the QCharts features to eSignal 11. We estimate that most of the combining of the two products will be done in early 2012. Please stay tuned for further announcements on this.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X