Continuous S&P emini futures contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous S&P emini futures contracts

I am unable to store the symbol for continuous contract E-mini S&P futures (ES #F) in a quote sheet. I have the continuous contract NASDAQ E-mini futures in a quote sheet and I can get the continuous contract S&P E-mini futures in the symbol entry box, but when I type it in the quote sheet, it reverts to $SPX. The value for the current price in the quote sheet appears to be correct, but when I click on the symbol to bring up charts on the ES #F, it gives me the $SPX. The only way I can bring up charts of the ES #F is to choose it from the symbol drop down under the menu or type it in.
    I've attached a snippet of two quote sheets. The one on the left should have the NASDAQ and S&P continuous contracts and the one on the right has the indices. As you can see, the $SPX in the futures quote sheet shows a different price (actually the current price for the S&P continuous contracts) than the $SPX in the Indices quote sheet (which was the closing price from today).

Does anybody have a way to fix this?
    Attached Files
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

symbol bleeding

Which version of QCharts are you running? Also have you tried to shut down the program and delete the TEMP folder within the QCharts directory? Once this folder has been deleted, start the QCharts program and then shut it down and restart it again. Please let me know if this helps.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,
      The TMP folder was empty. I deleted and started Qcharts back up the same thing happened.
      Interestingly, the $SPX that is supposed to be the futures symbol briefly flashed "CME:ES #F" as it should and then changed to $SPX. It appears to be showing the futures price rather than the index price as I described earlier.
      I'm using 6.2.1.2142.
      When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
      -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

symbol bleeding

This sounds like the symbol bleeding bug that has been a part of the QCharts application for a long time. The only work around that seems to work right now is to delete the TEMP folder as well as the compsyms2.inf out of the QCharts directory and then restart, shut down, restart the QCharts app again.

Once we update QCharts, this bug should be fixed. let me know if this helps.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,
          Deleting TEMP (when this thread was fresh, I may have deleted compsyms2.inf - I no longer have that file) helped temporarily. I am now running 6.2.1.2527 and the wrong symbols routinely show up in my quote sheets (usually they are $SPX or ES #F for some reason). I usually don't have a problem changing them back as I do before, but the problem of them "infecting" my quote sheets has not been resolved.
          -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

symbol bleeding

The QCharts features are going to be added to eSignal 11 in the near future and this is the direction QCharts is going. I believe this is going to be the permanent solution for this. Deleting the files that I listed below should fix the issue again temporarily, but it won't stop the issue from coming back at some point.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X