Market Hours for Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Hours for Thanksgiving

Should Thanksgiving day be showing up as a flat line for intraday charts and a missing candle for daily charts?

I deleted my MktHours.tab file and then restarted to make sure a new file was downloaded, but I still show a flat line with no candles for Thanksgiving. Is this a bug or a feature; or alternatively, have I done something wrong?

With the current mkthours file Thanksgiving should not show up at all. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 you want to make sure you are running QCharts in Windows XP Mode and running it as an administrator. Once this is done and the program is started up, it should grab the latest mkthours file. You will then have to shut down the program and start it back up before it will actually use the file. If there is still problems after this then our tech support team should be able to manually transfer the newest file to your system.

They can be reached at 510-264-1700 option 2.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,

Thanks for the help. I went back and deleted the mkthours files in the QCharts SigText sub-directory again, but this time I started just the winros.exe program to get the data manager running. I exited from the data manager after verifying that a new mkthours file had been downloaded. When I started QCharts again, the problems was solved.

BTW, I am running Windows 7 x64 and executing QCharts from my regular user account without any compatibility settings and am not experiencing any significant problems. Actually the market hours problem today is the first one I can think of I've had in a long time. I know it's an unsupported configuration, but I just don't feel comfortable running software as administrator unless I am installing or configuring apps.

-Dan

Comment

As long as it's working for you, I'm happy. Glad this issue was resolved for you. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X