Problem with CNY A0-FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with CNY A0-FX

On 6/1/12 and 6/4/12, very little data was received for CNY A0-FX. I have checked various sources and there was no bank or FX holiday either day.

The problem is evident on a 5-minute, all-sessions chart. Please have a look at the situation and correct the problem.

Thanks.
    Brian

UPDATE: There is absolutely NO data for 6/5/12. Hopefully, it is not too difficult to see the situation on a 5-minute, all-sessions bar chart without my having to take the time to mark one up and post it.
    Brian

Comment

UPDATE #2: No data was broadcast for the second consecutive trading day on 6/6/12.

Would anyone from eSignal care to respond?
      Brian

Comment

I apologize for the delay. We've looked at this going back in our feed and it looks like the only contributor for this that we carry is FXDD. They had holidays on the 4th and 5th so that could be why there wasn't much information for these days. It's possible that other data sources might carry different contributors for this than us and that's why they have different infromation. I'm still looking into this, but I wanted to give an update.
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

If they are British, perhaps they took Monday and Tuesday off for the Queen's jubilee. However, that wouldn't explain Wednesday.
          Brian

Comment

UPDATE #3: Still no data as of 6/7/12.
            Brian

Comment

I'm getting data for the 7th for CNY though it isn't much. That being said, we only currently have two contributors in the feed for CNY, FXDD and ANZ KH (doesn't quote very often). So whenever FXDD isn't quoting CNY you will see breaks in the chart. This is the reason for the spotty data for CNY.
              Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

We are adding 4 more contributors to this feed and then eleminating the ones that throw bad spikes on the charts. So more data should come in for this symbol.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

That would be great. I hope the data is clean.

Thanks.
                  Brian

Comment

Were the feeds working on Friday in Chinese hours? There were no data during Chinese FX trading. I have my mkthours file set to reflect only times when the Chinese market is open, so it is possible I'm not seeing "bad" ticks outside those hours.

I would also note that the eSignal feed is showing a much narrower range today than Bloomberg, which has been quoting correctly throughout the eSignal outage.
                    Brian

Comment

I don't know what contributors Bloomberg uses for the CNY. If it's different than ours then it makes sense that the updates and data wouldn't match.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

What about your feeds...were they working on Friday, because I don't see any data on my chart during Chinese trading hours?
                        Brian

Comment

Yes our feeds were working on friday

I have data for Friday starting at 2:15 Pacific to 15:00 Pacific
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

There is a -15 hour time difference between Beijing and U.S. Pacific time.

Local FX trading in Beijing is from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. per CFETS website:

http://www.chinamoney.com.cn/fe/Channel/2799974

Thus, FX trading in China takes place from 6:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Pacific time. You are telling me that eSignal is showing data from 2:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pacific time for the trade date 6/8/12.

As you can see from this analysis, the new vendors did not provide any data from the Chinese day when the bulk of RMB trading takes place.

Given that there is no coverage of RMB trading during Chinese trading hours, the new vendors are completely useless.
                            Brian

Comment

In contrast to Friday (see previous post), on Monday there was data during Chinese FX trading hours. In fact, it was the highest quality data that I have ever seen from eSignal for this particular symbol. I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays this way.

Thanks.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X