Symbol whose value is always equal to 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol whose value is always equal to 1

It would be helpful to have a symbol whose value is always equal to 1. I have been using FDRXX which defaulted to .01 but has just recently stopped having the value .01 and is now 0.0 Can a symbol be created with a constant value of 1.0 so that a cash position can be added to a P&L?

I would like to see the functionality as follows:

Quantity * Symbol = $Value

100 SYMBOL 100.00
    150 SYMBOL 150.00
    etc

Some years ago I asked for this and nothing ever became of my request. I'm sure this is fairly easy to accomplish. Please publish this symbol on this forum for all to see and make use of. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Les

This is something that can be done in the eSignal program pretty easily using a custome symbol and will be available to QCharts users when the QCharts functionality is moved over to eSignal. That being said, I don't think we have a solution for this for the QCharts app right now. Since there is no developement on the QCharts platform being done and there isn't another symbol that I can find like the one you mentioned I don't think we are going to have a fix for this prior to eSignal 11.5.
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X