Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Exchange Data to Excel

Hello,

Can't seem to access any previous links regarding exporting data to excel and DDE linking. So sorry if this is a repetitive question.

I would like to export live data to an excel spreadsheet, real time, for a whole exchange - or watchlist.

Can I use DDE - or is Qlink the go?

(I have the macros built in excel for a number of filterscreners that can build watchlists real-time, just need the data to feed on the creation of a new bar).

Any pointers apprecited.

Many Thanks

Real time data can be exported to Excel two ways with eSignal.

SigTools- Using eSignal and SigTools you can export data from the Data Manager to Microsoft® Excel*, or any other application that supports DDE. This URL http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1421&p=1
    give a wealth of information on SigTools and how to use it.

eSignal QLink is a Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) add-on service that makes it quick and simple to download real-time, streaming data into your Excel worksheets. You can then perform further analysis suited to your market and your strategies for trading that market.

You get these great benefits of QLink:

Fast and easy DDE data integration
    Historical and bar data that allows tracking and deep analysis of price action over time, so you can use Excel’s spread sheets and built-in mathematical functions to your best advantage
    Snapshot and Time & Sales functions that supply your Excel-based portfolios with eSignal’s reliable data and let you monitor real-time, streaming trades and quotes
    An easy-to-use toolbar that ties all of QLink’s components together in a clean, intuitive, user-friendly way and with all report request types a single click away
    A built-in DDE API when you need to create direct formula entries for use with Excel’s Visual Basic for Applications programming language
    A unique toolbar that automatically integrated with Excel, making your analysis of the markets specific to your needs.

Hopefully this information will allow you to make an informed decision on which one will best fit your needs.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Qlink limitation

Hi AveryH,

I'm new to Qlink. It seems one has to manually feed a certain stock symbol or symbols (one's own watch list) to extract any data. Qlink does not allow input of "exchange-wide" data.
      In other words, one can't use all NYSE stocks as the input and expects to extract any data.

Could you confirm this?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X