QLink Data not Downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLink Data not Downloading

I am using QLink to download both historical and current close data in Excel. I have three spreadsheets which cover three parts of the world, Japan, Mexico and Europe. The Japan and Mexico spreadsheets download thiry days worth of sixty minute intraday interval data as well as the current quote for about thirty pairs of stocks. They both download the data almost instantly. The Europe spreadsheet has about eighty pairs of stocks and downloads the same data as above. It does not work. I am not using more than 200 symbols, which is my current subscription level. What could be the problem here? Here is a sample of my query:
    ={QLink|Bars!'ABBN-SWX,60,720,C,HEADERS,FILL,REVERSE,00:00-23:59'}
    Last edited by gsi07924; 03-10-2009, 03:44 PM.

Hi,

Few questions/suggestions:

Can you get any of those Euro symbols to update in eSignal?

When was the last time that Euro spreadsheet updated properly?

Have you tried resetting eSignal, restarting eSig and QLink and trying the Euro spreadsheet first? That should eliminate any question of symbol limits.

If you've not ever had data for these Euro symbols, please post a couple examples.

Thanks.

Comment

Some of the European stocks download just fine, others just display zeroes. I have tried opening the spreadsheet first and then letting Excel open QLink for me, but this doesn't seem to work. I have also tried closing everything and reopening Data Manager and then reopening everything, but this doesn't seem to work, either.

Comment

Can you get any of those Euro symbols to update in eSignal?

When was the last time, if ever, that Euro spreadsheet updated properly?

If you've not ever had data for these select Euro symbols, please post a couple specific symbols/examples.

Thanks.

Comment

I can get all the data in eSignal just fine. I know the problem is not because I am not subscribing to the data feed. Also, every time I open the spreadsheet some data does, in fact, load into the spreadsheet. I seems to just download some and ignore others at random. Every time different data seems to be missing. However, I can add the same data I am requesting to a new manually using another query in the very same spreadsheet and it works just fine. This particular spreadsheet has never updated properly. My other spreadsheets have without much problem.
          Last edited by gsi07924; 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the addt'l info but I'm a bit stumped. Are you willing to email that spreadsheet to us? If so, I'll provide you an email address via PM.

Thx

Comment

Certainly! I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Comment

QLink still not working

I have been experimenting for the last two weeks since we last discussed this problem with possible scenarios of why this occurs.

This problem only happens to the European Stocks and only happens when the market is closed. If you open excel and the last data point is a 0 or no trading has occurred it will return no data/error. If you edit your array formula and include a time variable such as changing this array formula =QLink|Bars!'ABBN-SWX,60,720,C,HEADERS,FILL,REVERSE’ to =QLink|Bars!'ABBN-SWX,60,720,C,HEADERS,FILL,REVERSE,00:00-23:59’ it will pull the data. If you close the workbook and reopen while the market is still closed you will then have to do the reverse and take out the time in the formula in order to receive the data again.

I have tried putting all raw data into one worksheet thinking that excel was having a problem querying across multiple work sheets and this did not repair the problem.
                This does not happen in with other exchanges (i.e. Japan and Mexico).

Comment

More problems

This morning none of the European markets will download data unless you add in the time variable for the query or remove it even with the markets open.... Please help.
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X