Cannot format or reference time data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot format or reference time data

Hey there, I installed Qlink and downloaded tick data for a few stocks into excel.

The time data is not in a format that is easily referenced in logic statements, charts, regression analysis, etc. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Normal excel maneuvers such as highlighting the column, clicking on format, cell, number, time do not work.

I cannot include the time in Logic statements such as IF(B1=9:17:54, do this, or this).

Basically I cannot work with the time data at all. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to reformat the time cells?

Are there any possible solutions?

Just an update: Problem solved.

I'm still new to excel, but all i had to do was copy the time data, then paste special, then values only, then I could format and reference the data without worrying about the array formula.

Piece of cake.

Comment

space before time data

This data is driving me nuts. There is a space character before each time value so that excel does not recognize it automatically. There is a fix (when looking at historical data) which is simply to delete the first character in each cell of the time column BUT this means it would be difficult to use the data for real time trading (unless someone knows an easy solution?).

Comment

The best solution I have is to use the trim function on the time data. Then format the cells as time.

With my limited excel knowledge it took me a while to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
        X