Bar data/Tick data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar data/Tick data

I know on the bar data you can filter, but whenever I try to use the data filter it will never pull data. Lets say I tried to pull the bars from 3:12-3:14. It will never show any of the bars, just 0s across the board. Any advice?

Thanks

I apologize for the delay in responding. This is a known issue with QLINK that our developers are working to resolve.

As a workaround you may want to try adjusting the number of bars you're doing the request on. For example if you're requesting 30 bars change to 29 or 31 and see if this gives you the bars your're requesting.

Comment

Is a work around to this now available? Just painful process to go through changing the number of bars requested if you have over a 100 symbols to update?

Also any release date on the RTD product?
      Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

QLink 3.0 is currently in testing and is looking very promising. Once we've had a chance to complete the internal testing we'll make a beta release available for to you.

We'll keep you posting as to a scheduled date. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Noted and thank you.

Looking forward to testing Qlink3.0 (hopefully very soon)
          Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

We actually just released the Beta yesterday afternoon. Check the top of this forum for a link.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay

Thank you very much for your reply and releasing Qlink3.0 beta.

I have tried to use it and am still having the same problem of data not loading (works first time but on subsequent opening of the excel file no data loads even though Qlink3 and esignal are both connected). I attach a file for you to check.

Also the covert from Qlink2 does not correctly convert the "REVERSE" fill from Qlink 2.
              Attached Files
              Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

Fibbo,

I seem to be able to get all the data on that spreadsheet using QLink 3. If you continue to see this issue, please let me know if there's an observable pattern to the gaps in data (time of day? certain symbols? gap after x number of bars?).

I can duplicate the problem with the reverse fill and will get this on the bug list.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Hi Jay

Thank you for looking at this. I still have the same problem in that I have a spreadsheet with about 120 tabs (one for each symbol) and for each symbol i am requesting DOHLC for 265bars. The spreadsheet works well for first 8 symbols and then loads for half of the nineth symbol and loand just todays OHLC for about 20 symbols and then nothing!! This is even more frustrating than DDE data request needing to be changed by one bar.

I am using excel 2010 but when trying it on another computer with excel 2007 I had the same problem.

Please let me know if there are limitations on amount of data that can be fed into excel.

Thank you for your help
                  Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

I hour Friday close data error

Is there any way around correcting an error on QLinkDDE 1 Hour chart every Friday last candle for FX?

Please see attached spreadsheet rows 47 and 173 shows a bar that has the same OHLC - this bar does not appear on the esignal charts and makes all calculations (eg MA, MACD) in excel that use averages useless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by FibboRules; 12-07-2010, 08:52 AM.
                    Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

FibboRules,

I'm unable to open up your attached spreadsheet, is it possible that you can upload it to the file Share so that I can get to it?

Thanks

Comment

Thank you. I will try and save to file share

If not, the formula I am using in excel is: (185bars downloaded is):

{=QLink|Bars!'AUDCAD A0-FX,60,185,DTOHLC,FILL,REVERSE'}

The bars giving me a problem are:

03/12/2010 23:00:00 0.9967 0.9967 0.9967 0.9967

26/11/2010 23:00:00 0.9841 0.9841 0.9841 0.9841

Thank you for your help.
                        Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

FibboRules,

The issue you're reporting is actually a settlement that's sent out at the end of each day. These settlement prices are more prevalent at the end of the week because of the market shutdown Friday afternoon until Sunday.

The good News is in QLink 3.0 (currently in beta) the settlement is better handled and is not displayed as an additional bar. if you'd like you can get more inforamtion and/or download QLink 3.0 from this forum post.

Comment

Thank you Avery.

It is useful to know QLink3 will sort this out. Is there an updated beta version that you can release that deals with the bugs that have reported so far (in particular data not downloading at all).

Also can you confirm that the esignal charts use a different data source to Qlink data (because eSignal charts do not have this extra bar).

Thank you again for a quick response.
                            Kind regards

FibboRules

Comment

I apologize I'm sure that I had replied to this some time ago,

It is useful to know QLink3 will sort this out. Is there an updated beta version that you can release that deals with the bugs that have reported so far (in particular data not downloading at all).
                              I haven't up to this point had any issues with download any data with the new RTD. The latest QLINK can be downloaded from Jay's posthere.

Also can you confirm that the esignal charts use a different data source to Qlink data (because eSignal charts do not have this extra bar).
                              The eSignal application uses the same servers to get its data as QLINK 3.0 does. When I did the test I was using the QLINK 3.0.054 which is the most current version. As I previously mentioned I did not see the extra bars.

Please let me know if are continuing to see the bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X