Missing "Settle" topic from Qlink 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing "Settle" topic from Qlink 2.0

The new beta version of Qlink is missing the "settle" (settlement) topic from Qlink 2.0, or at least I don't see it anywhere and it wasn't working when I manually typed in "Settle" into the RTD formula in excel. This is important since the settlement price is the true "closing" price for ICE futures, and it's otherwise inaccessible from esignal dde. I use it for such items as March cocoa (CC H1) and March cotton (CT H1) and March coffee (KC H1) and March sugar (SB H1).

Thank you.
    (Please note that "settle" is not the same as "last" or "close" or "prev" topics.)
    Last edited by techuser; 01-09-2011, 02:55 PM.

I installed the new build of QLink 3.0 (build 56). The "settle" topic (i.e. settlement price for ICE futures) is still not available or working.

Comment

Thanks techuser. We'll try to get that in the final release.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

The new qlink 3.0 released ("0062") still is not transmitting the "settle" topic for ICE futures (which was available in 2.x).

Note that there is currently no way to get these prices from esignal except by using the old qlink 2.0.

Comment

Is there any news on whether the "settle" price information for ICE futures will be added back to qlink? There is now no longer any way to get that data as an esignal subscriber. (It was available in qlink 2.0, but no longer works in qlink 3.0). Thank you.

(Note that for ICE futures, the "settle" price is not the same as the "close.")

Comment

We do have this on deck for the next version, however I don't have an ETA that yet. Once I do have something more concrete, I will post back on the forums.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
              We do have this on deck for the next version, however I don't have an ETA that yet. Once I do have something more concrete, I will post back on the forums.
              Checking back, is there is an update on this? This is important since there is NO way currently in esignal to get these prices. Thank you.

Comment

Just a heads-up that we are testing a new version that seems to have the settle showing fine on ICE futures. If there are specific symbols you would like us to try out, please let me know.

Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

JayF,
                  Thank you, looks good! You may want to try out a symbol with a particular month. I'm using:
                  in Sept:
                  CC U1
                  KC U1
                  JO U1
                  TF U1
                  in Oct.:
                  SB V1
                  and in Dec.:
                  CT Z1

Comment

Working...
                  X