side by side of qlink 2 and 3 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side by side of qlink 2 and 3 not working

After installing Qlink 3.0 and esignal 11 (installed both at about the same time), qlink 2.0 is not working. I get the error message: Unable to start DDE server. (This is both with and without Data Manager running; I also tried uninstall and reinstall of Qlink 2.0, but still not working). Thank you.

This has been confirmed on my side and has been reported to our engineers. On my system Qlink 3 is working ok, can you confirm the same?
    James R
    eSignal Support

Helpful Sites:

KnowledgeBase

Account Maintenance

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that qlink 3.0 is working. I can't get the 2.0 version to work--that's an issue because of what I mention in the other thread: qlink 3.0 does not seem to provide a "settle" topic for the settlement prices (qlink 2.0 did).

Originally posted by eSignal_JamesR
      This has been confirmed on my side and has been reported to our engineers. On my system Qlink 3 is working ok, can you confirm the same?

Comment

QLink Problem

I am getting the same error message when I attempt to start the old Qlink application. I contacted support and they had me reinstall (actually, I "repaired" it) 10.6. After doing this, I still get the error.

And, as the other user noted, this seemed to start when I installed 11.0.

One other bit of info... BEFORE I installed 11.0, I downloaded and installed Qlink3. I was able to use both Qlink2 and Qlink3, simultaneously.

Please help!!

Comment

v11 kills Qlink2

I've spent the better part of today trying to get QLink2 and Qlink3 both working with eSignal v11. I have been unsuccessful. I have uninstalled all eSignal applications and have removed all eSignal and Interactive Data folders. I have tried to then install the apps in a variety of orders. V10.6 first then V11 and then in reverse order (after uninstalling everything). Here is what I have discovered.

If I install v10.6, then qlink2 and then qlink3, everything appears to work as they are supposed to. Then, if I install v11, QL2 immediately stops working. When I try to launch the app, I get a "unable to start DDE server" error.

I then uninstalled v11 and QL2 started working again.

FYI, support said to try reinstalling 10.6 (while v11 was on my computer), but that did not fix the problem.

So, at this time, I am unable to run v11 along with Qlink2.

Please help!!

Comment

Working...
          X