Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting bar data into rows

Hi,

I have just started using Qlink and would appreciate any suggestions on how to get bar data into rows. My aim is to use excel to calculate various things for each symbol based on the data from the first 4 or 5 bars and then to be able to sort the results on a column.

So what I want is an excel file with the symbol in one column and the bar data (HLC) for about 5 bars all in the same row.
    Eg: RIMM, Last, Bar1high,Bar1low,Bar1close,Bar2high,Bar2low,Bar2cl ose, etc

And this way I could have a long list of symbols in one column with the bar data updating so that I can sort the results on column.

At the moment I can get the bar data to occupy an array of cells, so if I want 5 bars I will have 5 rows of data.

I realise I can input the bar data into a second excel sheet to get everything into one row but it would be time consuming to do this for many symbols. Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
    Angus

Angus-

There are a couple ways to do this. The easiest way is to use the new Qlink 3.0 and access the "RTD" server. Here is a formula that does exactly what you're wanting to do: =RTD("esrtd",,"*H",$B$1,J$3,$B$2,,$H4)

This formula doesn't tell you much because all the parameters are cell references.

To illustrate, I have attached a spreadsheet that puts this formula to use. The neat thing about my formula is that it is the same exact formula for each cell, so it is easy to copy and paste.

Jay

Remember, you have to have Qlink 3.0 installed for this to work.

You can do this with Qlink 2.0, but in order to populate the cells, you have to use VBA. You can't use a cell reference in a Qlink 2.0 formula.

Comment

Ok, didn't realize there was a restriction on file types that can be uploaded. I'm attaching the spreadsheet in a zipped file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X