Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qlink Not Updating Excel Spreadsheet

Hi members,

I have been working with technical support from Switzerland for the past two days trying to resolve the issue of why previous prices and volumes aren't updating with Qlink.
    The technical support person called Oliver tried very hard to resolve the issue, however in the end he suggested that I put my issue to the forum.

He suggested I take a couple of snap shots as well to illustrate the problem (see attached)

So, the problem is the previous high/low/close and volume won't update. I used Qlink to create the previous formula's by selecting increasing the count to 2( see illustration).

However, the technical support took control of my PC and tried everything he could think of but couldn't get prices and volumes to update with the previous prices and volumes, as stated above.

I had originally asked a forum member called tradertom for help and he came up with a suggestion that I thought was perfect but then I found this method as shown in the illustration and thought that would be a much better solution as the data would be taken straight from the data manager.

I'm using Qlink version QLink_3_00_0054

Anyway, if someone from this forum can help where technical support failed (and I don't mean that in a bad way, because he tried very hard) that would be great.

I will follow this thread with the image of parameters I chose with Qlink.

Thanks in advance.

Carlton

P.S.
    To be brutally honest Qlink isn't updating the prices or volumes as quickly as the prices and volumes are updating on the charts - regardless of the problems I have outlined above.

And here is the image of the Qlink Parameters - where I chose the count to be 2.

By selecting the count to be 2 I'm saying that I want the second prices and volume to be taken from the previous prices.

Just so you know this is 60min interval

Cheers

Carlton
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the spreadsheet attachment didn't get through, but I can't reduce the size lower to the required amount. However, I guess you guys know what I mean

Cheers

Comment

Hi Carlton,

Try this formula and see how it works. I get no data with the symbols you are choosing, so I cannot test them. You can adjust the formula as desired to get the result you want.

Good luck,
        Tom
        Attached Files

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for responding. I'm just going to pop out for a bit. I will try the formula when I get back and let you know.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Tradertom,

Everything seems to be working fine.

Cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
            X