Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLink Historical Candle Update

Hello -

I am a QLink noob trying to make sure I understand exactly how everything works.

All of my cells are updating properly and the candle information matches perfectly. However my question is about how the information refreshes when a new candle occurs.

I am using what I think are called the historical QLink settings. When I open my spreadsheet with the saved format inside it everything works fine. I can leave it open and the top candle (I think it is listed as the zero candle) price updates right along side eSignal like it is supposed to.

However when that candle closes I stop getting new data on the spreadsheet. In order to move the closed candle down a row and start getting the new candle information I have to close excel and reopen the file.

Am I doing that right? Or is there a better way to get the newest candle to automatically appear and push the previous candles down? I am only referencing about 500 candles in this sheet; however that can be cut down to about 50 without changing my analysis.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I don't mind closing the file and re-opening with a macro or something on my pc; just wondering if there is a built in way to accomplish this already.

Thanks again for any input or insight.
    Jon D
    MotusFX

QLink

QLink should automatically push the data down and start a new candle once the previous candle closes. If this isn't happening then something is wrong with the a setting somewhere or the program itself. Are you running the latest version of QLink? Also which version of excel are you running?
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X