Quotrex Charts Lock Up the Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotrex Charts Lock Up the Program

Started my 30 day Quotrex trial last weekend with my HP 6315 PDA. PDA streaming news worked properly and other functions were static as expected with markets closed over the weekend. All streaming functions worked well for a few minutes after the markets opened on Monday morning. Before long the streaming chart function started failing to load, resulting in complete lockup of the software. Had to quit and restart Quotrex to make the streaming portfolio and news functions work again. Before long, even switching from portfolio to news or "streamer" function would make the portfolio function go static.

Tried Quotrex several times per day last week. Static charts worked fine after the markets closed, but was never able to see a chart when the markets were open. Going to charts always locked Quotrex up with the markets open.

I like the Quotrex presentation, but the only reason I would be willing to pay $50 per month is to access the streaming charts with studies from my PDA while the markets are open. Otherwise, similar service minus the nice charts is available much cheaper elsewhere.

I expect the problem is with my combination of equipment (HP 6315) and GPRS service (T-Mobile). If this is the case, I'll have to cancel the trial and wait for my available technology to catch up.

Purpose of this post is to ask if there is something about the software installation I need to tweak. I don't want to get involved with very much tinkering, but would be willing to try a few simple things to see if it is going to work for me.

Thanks,

ljuzmzfg

Hi ljzuzmzfg,

Thanks for the details. Looking at the specs for this unit, it looks well within the operating requirements for QuoTrek. I'm not sure what version of QuoTrek you are currently running, but the latest beta build is Version 1.2, Build 20040730a. If you can confirm you are on the latest version, it will help with the troubleshooting procedures.

T-Mobile is one of the listed providers for QuoTrek, but it sounds like the quality of the connection could be called into question, as the data remains static once the program is launched. Can you also confirm that the connectivity of T-Mobile is still working when QuoTrek goes into the static state? Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks.

The aforementioned beta build of QuoTrek can be downloaded here

Comment

I have been using QuoTrek on an HP 6315 with T-Mobile service for the last 3 weeks. The standard software did have a few problems (like you described) which were solved by loading the newer beta version. This version has a bug or two (like part of one menu is hidden behind a frame) but everything (including the charts) works well on T-Mobile cellular.
      Last edited by Phoenician; 12-02-2004, 03:39 PM.

Comment

The minor bug I mentioned in the last post has been corrected in the latest Beta release.

Comment

Working...
        X