Using cell as modem and newer products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using cell as modem and newer products

I am researching before buying. Has anyone used an Edge /Bluetooth enabled cell phone such as the Nokia 6620 as a wireless modem to connect to the Web/Quotrek via-- lets say the Ipaq 4700 which also has Bluetooth? The esignal rep said it could not be done but I am looking at an article that says it's possible (nothing alluding to Quotrek but just that a fast data cell phone can be used as a wireless modem to connect to the Web via bluetooth enabled laptop or PDA)l

Or, in lieu of above, has anyone tried out the motorolla MPx 300 or the Nokia 9500 communicator...These are both more expensive than buying separately the 4700 and 6620 above as they are newer products...

Yes a PDA with Bluetooth can use a cell phone as a modem and QuoTrek will work fine. I've tested this on a Nokia 6820 and the HP iPAQ 5550 with AT&T wireless service. The tricky part is just getting the Bluetooth configured with the PDA.

The Motorola MPx300 is a Windows Mobile-based Smartphone 2003 just like the Motorola MPx200/220. QuoTrek has been tested on the Motorola MPx200/220 and is compatible. We have not tested QuoTrek on the Motorola MPx300, but there is a good chance it will work fine. Our plan is to have QuoTrek tested and working on all Windows Mobile-based Smartphones.

The Nokia 9500 Communicator is equipped with Symbian OS 7.0 operating system and QuoTrek is not currently compatible with the Nokia 9500 Communicator. The plan is to have QuoTrek running on Symbian OS in the first quarter in 2005.

Hope this helps.

JohnB

Comment

Working...
    X