quotrek resolution of treo 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quotrek resolution of treo 650

I upgraded from a treo 600 to a 650 with twice the resolution, but now my quotrek font is too tiny. Does anyone have any idea how to correct this?

The Treo 650 has a 320 x 320 pixel transflective color display. This provides a much sharper image and text than the Treo 600s 160 x 160 passive matrix display. We are working on a solution for the Treo 650, most likely an edit font setting. Currently there isn't a setting to increase the font size.

Comment

Thanks for your response. One other thing is that the 650 buzzes and squawks like crazy when quotrek starts and when a quote is updated.

Comment

Your speakers are detecting data bursts from the phone. Mine picks up the same thing, I also get the interference, just before my phone rings. I also hear the noise on my landline speakerphone too.

Here's some info I found on a telecom forum:

1. General R/F pollution. Any system that switches its R/F transmitter on and off rapidly (GSM does it 217 times a second, TDMA does it 50 times) will scatter EMI throughout the adjacent radio spectrum. And the sharper the edge of the switch powe (on and off), the wider the band of hash it scatters. These sets need a 3-5MHz guard-band between them and analog AMPS channels,and they try to ramp up the power, and still they scatter crap into nearby television broadcast bands. We've never had anything that generates EMI like a GSM handset before in these bands. We need large numbers of them like we need a hole in the head.

2. Audio-Hz interference. The on-off cycle of transmission power will be read by any analog circuit nearby (with any rectification or asymmetrical circuits) as an intrusive audio tone of 217Hz, and the two major harmonics above. This buzz intrudes into hearing aids at distances up to 30 metres, and is often intolerable at 2 metres. It also gets into cassette recorder, wireline systems, and into modems as a carrier tone.

Comment

Font Size on Tre 650

I hope Quote Trek comes up with a solution, it is nearly imposible to see. I will not make it past the 30 day trial with these small fonts.

Comment

We plan to have an update for the Treo 650 so you edit the font size, no date as of yet but I'll post a message when we have a beta version for you to try. The Treo 600 and QuoTrek work well and we hope to have the same success with the Treo 650 and with the Treo 650, you also get a 312 MHz Intel XScale PXA270 processor and twice the memory, 32MB, of the Treo 600.

Treo 650

Comment

As long as you're working on the 650. . .

Besides the font size issue on the Treo 650, please take a look at enabling the 5-way button so log-in, symbol changing, etc. could be accomplished one-handed with the 5-way button. Would be much more useful that way.

Thanks.

Comment

Are you guys ever going to do anything about the quotrek resolution on the treo 650, or do I have to find something else to replace quotrek?

Comment

Working...
                X