Portfolio 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portfolio 1

I hope I am posting this to the correct place.
    I have Quotrek with the Treo 600. Recently I encountered a problem when I try to add a new symbol to portfolio 1 , it tells me that the portfolio is full. So, I remove a symbol, and it says the same thing. Now, I have removed all of the symbols from portfolio 1, and it is saying that the portfolio is full. Whats worse is that I cannot even delete portfolio 1.
    David Gellman

Hi David, try going to edit symbols and scrolling down. See if there is a symbol at the very bottom, if there is use the move up feature to place it at the top of the list. See if you can now add new symbols. Let me know if that works.

~Ryan

Comment

Portfolio one

Thank You for the suggestion, but, there is absolutely nothing at all in portfolio 1.
      What next????
      David Gellman

Comment

I logged in to your account and found an extra symbol hiding out in the bottom (it was not viewable on the portfolio window). I removed this and was able to add a symbol, you should see DELL in your portfolio now. Let me know if it is now working for you.

Comment

Portfolio 1

Thank You Ryan for your help, but, still, in portfolio 1, even if I scroll down to the very bottom, I cannot see Dell anywhere.
          Even more unusual, is that if I go into "edit symbols", I cannot scroll down at all!
          Another side note, to make things more confusing. This has been going on for several months. But, today, somehow I managed to add another symbol (FLML), in spite of the fact that I still recieved the message "Portfolio 1 is full".
          Then, when I went back the portfolio 1 quote page I was able to see the default symbol at the top (IDC), and then FLML about 5 lines up from the bottom. But, I never found the DELL that you put in there!
          The other problem is that when I am in "quote" mode, I can scroll up, and down the list. But, when I go into "edit symbol " mode, I cannot scroll up or down. As a matter of fact,in "edit symbol" mode, none of the buttons work except for "close"..
          Now, just on a whim, I tried something else. without highlighting any symbol in "edit symbol" mode, but just hitting the "up" button, everything starts to move ! I think I'm onto something now!!!
          David Gellman

Comment

Hi David, thank you for your patience in trying to get this fixed. You are correct in that the scroll button does not work in that screen, this is a bug we are aware of and plan on rolling out a fix for that in the next release.

If you keep tapping the down button it should go to the bottom of the window. You normally can also use the up button to move symbols from the bottom to the top.

Let me know if that allows you to input the symbols. As a temporary fix if you can't get them in there let me know what symbols you need in your portfolio and I will input them for you. Thanks.
            Last edited by RyanS; 06-22-2005, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Portfolio 1

Thank You very much. I appreciate all of you help. I will fiddle around for awhile and see what I need, but, Portfolio 2 works just fine, so I never felt a real urgency to fix this. But, it would be nice if it did work.
              Is there anyway to just delete Portfolio 1, and then create a new one??
              David Gellman

Comment

Hi David, I found out that this bug has been fixed in our Beta release. You can download it from the following link:
                http://share.esignal.com/download.js...almSPSetup.exe

Let me know if that fixes the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Potfolio 1

Well, the short answer is yes! But, before I installed the new version, I had done some of the other things we spoke about and everything was starting to come together. So, even though everything is fine now, I am not sure what ultimately did the trick...
                  Thank You once again.....Oh, wait. There is something else that has really bothered me about Quotrek right from the start. I have written in about it a few times in the past but, I was told that it will be dealt with in some future version.
                  It is the Volume bars which appear, by default, on the bar charts.
                  They REALLY get in my way of being able to have a clear view of the chart, and there is nothing I can do to remove them. Has anything been done regarding this issue????
                  David Gellman

Comment

Hi David, we aware of that inconvienance and are going to add a toggle switch in an upcoming release. When we have a new release available we will post it here, stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                    X