Compatability with new phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatability with new phones

Hello, I know this question comes up every so often but I'm going to ask anyway. I am looking at getting a new phone from cingular (the 2125) which runs the microsoft 5.0 mobile software. The website specifies that quotrek works with only certain smartphones (which I am not at all interested in). Are these just tested models or truly the only compatable ones? The cell companies are always coming out with better products and a newer list of compatable phones would be appreciated. I use a blackberry 7100g right now and quotrek works fine but the compatability list only lists the 7100t (the same phone and just semantics but still could throw some potental users off) which is not true.

Also this software has not been updated in quite a while...are there any new updates or compatabilities coming?

Thanks for any help or comments.

Anyone?

Comment

Ok how about a simpler question which maybe someone can answer for me as I'd really like to find out this information.

Will the quotrek software which is for Microsoft Smartphone 2002/2003 work on a Microsoft Smartphone with 2005 software?

Please anyone? anyone?

Scott

Comment

Yes QuoTrek works on Windows Mobile 5.0, we tested the Sprint 6700 that uses Windows Mobile 5.0 and QuoTrek works fine.

Sprint PPC 6700

We have not tested the Cingular 2125 that uses Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition but there is a good chance it will work. We'll keep you updated on the results of our tests.

John

Comment

Thank you very much for your response....I greatly appreciate it.

Scott

Comment

Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition

I am using the Cingular 2125 smartphone. My experience with quotrek in this device is frustrating at best. I can connect 1 out of 50 attempts. The progam, if it launches, will shut itself down after it connects. Does anyone have any advice? I have tried all versions available in the beta center and on the download page. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Cingular 2125

I bought a Cingular 2125 Smartphone running Windows 5.0 Smartphone and have NEVER had Quotrek work. Not once. I called tech support, they said they would test it and have a solution posted in a week or two. That was 4 months ago. Now because of Quotrek's total lack of support I am forced to upgrade to a Samsung Blackjack, which I fear will have the same fate as the Cingular 2125...

Comment

Re: Cingular 2125

Originally posted by natgasguy
                I bought a Cingular 2125 Smartphone running Windows 5.0 Smartphone and have NEVER had Quotrek work. Not once. I called tech support, they said they would test it and have a solution posted in a week or two. That was 4 months ago. Now because of Quotrek's total lack of support I am forced to upgrade to a Samsung Blackjack, which I fear will have the same fate as the Cingular 2125...
                I just bought the BlackJack and got QuoTrek to install, but I can't log in.

I called tech support, but they said they haven't tried it out on the new phone (Samsung Black Jack - OS 5.0).

It doesn't work.

I also installed it on a LG and another cingular phone (2125 I think) with Windows Smartphone OS 5.1 All of them have the exact same problem.

I get it installed.

It takes several clicks the log-on screen to come up. Then when you click log-on it drops out and back to the OS menu screen.

So far Quotrek does not work with Windows Smartphone OS 5.1 or it's the 3 phones that I tried. I think it's the OS and not the phone. Just a guess.

Note that there is a difference between OS 5 and OS 5.1
                Last edited by ProHobo; 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition

Originally posted by Samdogg
                  I am using the Cingular 2125 smartphone. My experience with quotrek in this device is frustrating at best. I can connect 1 out of 50 attempts. The progam, if it launches, will shut itself down after it connects. Does anyone have any advice? I have tried all versions available in the beta center and on the download page. Thank you for your help.
                  EXACT SAME problem with all 3 Cingular phones I have tried. LG, Cing. 2125, and Samsung BlackJack.

I think it's the OS and not the phones. But what do I know. The only reason I guessed it was the OS is that all 3 are running the same OS.

Comment

Working...
                  X