Blackberry 7230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry 7230

I'm having some problems connecting with my Tmobile Blackberry 7230. When the system requests the 2812 socket connection, I hit "allow this connection" and I get the following:

"Could not find a service book entry for IPPP"

... and an alternating error msg which reads:

"Feed: connection down"

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

riskarb

I am getting the same "Feed: connection down" on my BB as well. I suspect that one or more of the QuoTrek servers are down. Since we're still in beta, our 24/7 NetOps crew is not monitoring these servers so one of our engineers will have to check this out in the morning (PT).

Thanks.

Comment

There was a server problem last night that has since been corrected. My 7210 is working just fine at the moment. Are you still seeing "feed disconnected"?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
        There was a server problem last night that has since been corrected. My 7210 is working just fine at the moment. Are you still seeing "feed disconnected"?

Yeah, I think it may be an issue related to this:

"Could not find a service book entry for IPPP"[/B]

My browser works fine, have no idea what the error message means -- checked the service book, but I don't know what to look for.

Best,
        riskarb

Comment

I'm getting the same error message, "Could not find a service book entry for IPPP"

Comment

Are you running your BB through a corporate mail server or as a stand alone retail unit? The IPPP message refers to some internet protocol that I don't believe is available yet as a stand alone retail unit.

The BB's that are using QuoTrek OK at the moment are all running through a corporate mail service (using what they call a BES server). Here's a short write-up on the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) from the RIM site:

With the use of BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry seamlessly enables wireless email and corporate data access while satisfying the needs of both mobile users and IT departments. Mobile professionals get effortless access to the information they need while on the road and IT departments get centralized administration in a secure solution.
            Thanks.

Comment

Mine is a standalone, retail product from Tmobile... Not running thru a BEServer.

riskarb

Comment

I have to say... this is a bit infuriating -- no mention of BES on the quotrek site!?

I think esig should post a disclaimer regarding the need to run thru a BEServer.

riskarb

Comment

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that set-up isn't going to work at present but we do plan to support the standalone version in the relative near future ( month or two? ). From what we can see so far, we're not sure the standalone will perform as well as the BES server-based BB's but we won't know for sure until we can test the system directly.

In terms of the lack of notice on the site, you are 100% right. We're still learning a bit as we go here and we will have a notice posted by tomorrow. Please accept our apologies for the confusion.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X