Rumored PDA's from Sprint & T-Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumored PDA's from Sprint & T-Mobile

This is the HTC Falcon (Audiovox PPC 5050) Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition. I've heard the Audiovox PPC 5050 is headed to Sprint PCS, and I wouldn't be suprised if it is released within 30 days

And the holy grail of wireless handhelds - GSM/GPRS + Wi-Fi + Bluetooth + Pocket PC - coming soon???

Smartfone.net has a picture of the iPAQ 6300, the image is not confirmed and some think it is a fake, but it is interesting if true.
    The device is rumored to be a Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition, with VGA Camera, 64MB RAM, 64MB ROM, GSM/GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and SDIO. Supposedly the price tag is $600 and the device will be available from T-Mobile in June

I called a local Sprint PCS store to see if they knew anything about it and they have already received accessories for PPC 5050. I think the Audiovox 5050 comes with the Intel 400Mhz Xscale processor, it should be a fast PDA/Phone. I get good reception with Sprint and the $15 unlimited PCS Vision is a great deal.

ztrader

Comment

Just heard from Sprint about the PPC5050. Sprint(HTC) PPC5050 -Falcon: Due to parts issues at HTC, the decision has been made to scrap plans to launch the HTC PPC5050 (Falcon). Sprint has placed additional PO's for the Hitachi G1000 to carry them through at least June. HTC has another product due out in 3Q that Sprint is now looking at.

A photo of the HP's upcoming iPAQ h6300 series appeared on the web, some additional information has emerged that essentially confirms that the previous photo was real.

The iPAQ h6300 series will run the Phone Edition of Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC on a TI OMAP 1510 processor.

The rumor has it the HP iPAQ h6000 series will be a Quad-Band (850/900/1800/1900) GSM/GPRS device, meaning it could be used in the U.S., Europe, and almost every other country.

And HP won't stop there. They are expected to be the first cellular wireless handhelds that will also offer Bluetooth 1.1 and Wi-Fi (802.11b) wireless networking.

The iPAQ h6300 is rumored to have an email client based on the RIM's popular "push" technology, as is used in the BlackBerry line. HP will also offer an optional, clip-on keyboard, handy for writing emails or instant messages.

Here is a photo of the iPAQ h6300

JohnB

Comment

HP h6300

On this website below, since many months we can read some information about iPAQ h6300, recently they have mentionned that in the USA it could be release in late April and June for Euro area.

http://www.expansys.com

Comment

Working...
        X