QuoTrek... First Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuoTrek... First Impressions

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since the official QuoTrek release. How has everyone liked it? Which aspects are your favorite? What do you use QuoTrek the most for? Quotes? Charts? News?

Are you using QuoTrek as a stand-alone product or a companion to eSignal or MarketCenter?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Jay,

I was running a early version of QuoTrek on the Treo. It was great to be able to get live quotes and charts on the run. I travel a fair amount, so for me it is a great to have this ability.

I also use IB for a broker, so I can place trades via the Treo as well.

I had a few suggestions for improvement which I passed on to one of the developers.

My next steps will be to add alerts to some of the systems/studies such that the alerts will be sent to my Treo, and then I can use Quotrek to verify prices and make sure everything looks good before I make any trades.

I suspect it will be rare when I enter trades on the run, but I will use it to adjust stops (both profit and loss) as needed and to exit positions when called for.

Very cool stuff.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

evaluation

Hi Jay,

I haven't had Quotrek long 1 week but I think I need more. Just RT quotes and charts isn't enough for me, I need some type of alert system, I should be using my esignal for that, but for some reason have been having problems setting up my email address when trying to setup cell phone alerts. Now that I'm using a pda I can set up esignal text alerts to my regular email address, there may be some delay doing that?

I can browse the internet and get quotes and charts just as easy although delayed. But, right now the RT quotes aren't being of much use to me as I am simply stopping and checking the market when I have time.

I'm using a T-mobile PDA w/phone (siemens sx56) I am going to add 256mb or 512 mb more flash memory. I think MSMoney just put me over the top.

I really want a formula powered quote sheet that I can have a list
      50-100 stocks.

I can pre-set alerts or scan all stocks on my list by formulas such as RSI > or < 50 or perhaps a MACD crossover or a Price cross the 40ma on 30min etc. This is something I would do normally in my quotesheets in RavenQuote...Elangerquote.

That is the problem w/ esignal scanner tools also. You don't have to scan the whole market with your efs formulas just the stocks on your lists. I prefer to rank also by trade volume....qcharts has that scan tool on their basic platform?

I also use IB, but haven't tried to trade w/ my pda yet, I need to figure out how to access the internet from my laptop thru my pda....GPRS not cell phone connection.

It seems I am disconnected pretty quickly when logged in? Sometimes I need to refresh quotes by login off? I don't see continuous stream? BTW, how do I refresh? And can I have more than 2 portfolios?

Comment

Quotrek

All you power eSignal users are looking for eSignal on a PDA. Bit much to expect of version 1 with the slow speeds of the CPU and limited memory.

This is an exceptional product. Packed with more features than we ever dreamed of ever with the old QuoTrek. To have any charting at all is amazing. As the bandwidth speed improves and the power of these little devices gets better more can be added.

There are micro laptops running XP that can be had to run the full eSignal product if you are looking more for that.

I love this product for when I am in airports and traveling.
        Chuck
        @eSignal

Comment

Working...
        X