Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Chart when on GPRS connection

Hi all,

This is a wierd one. Just upgraded my T-Mobile Pocket PC phone to Windows 2003 and the latest version of Quotrek (1.1). It works fine in the dock (broadband connection), however, when you connect via the GPRS Modem to the T-mobile data service the Charts stop working. Quotes continue to stream fine to the quote window but any chart will start loading the data and then stop and hang. I have a monitor on it to watch the speed of the stream an I routinely get 20-30 Kbps. It was working prior to the upgrades. Any ideas what to do now?

Anyone have version 1.0 so I can test if it was a change in the new version.

Thanks for any help.
    "Make it a great day"
    [email protected]

Perfectinglife,

This is the second report we have received of this nature this morning. While the phones have been fairly quiet, it is still definitely something that we want to investigate further. As soon as I have some pertinent information to share, I'll reply to this thread. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Hi,

Since it worked fine under Windows 2002 and version 1, I would be happy to test version 1 on the windows 2003 phone ad see if the problem continues.

Additionally, this problem exsist on both my Windows 2003 phones so I have eliminated the phone being the problem.

You can send me the 1.O version at my email [email protected] or I can give you an FTP site.

Thanks
      "Make it a great day"
      [email protected]

Comment

We have QuoTrek running on other devices running PPC 2003 without problems. I haven't updated our T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition to PPC 2003, but looking at the Forums for T-Mobile PPC 2003 the upgrade seems to have some problems.

Pocket Pc 2003 T-Mobile (12:24am EST Sat Mar 27 2004)
        Don't download this upgrade if you know what's good for you! Even the Tech support guy at T-mobile said he doesn't know why T-mobile doesn't take the upgrade down because it's screwing up more machines than they care to mention. DON"T UPGRADE TO T-MOBILE'S 2003 UPGRADE IF YOU WANT YOUR PHONE TO WORK LIKE NORMAL!! - by Rtajiri

TMobile pocket PC ... (1:19am EST Sat May 29 2004)
        No one @ TMobile seems to know whats going on w/ upgrade, & to use upgrade you first need to upgrade to new active synch that also isn't working properly....No Idea when problem will be resolved....... - by John

TMobile Upgrade (3:18pm EST Wed Jun 09 2004)
        I just got off the phone with their tier2 data device support and they say they're still "testing" the upgrade. They said there was no timetable for a release, but keep checking back.

They said the update was available for a while (starting in March 04) but they've retracted it due to some "problems" that were reported.

We'll see. - by Tater

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...1029022420.htm

John B

Comment

T-Mobile Upgrade Continued

Hi,

Yea I read a the same review of the upgrade some time ago and T-Mobile removed the upgrade some months ago due to the probelms. So to get the upgrade I had them replace my phone (twice). I had the same problem with QuoTrek on both phones.

The really weird thing is that it works fine if connected via the cradle. In watching GPRS monitor while the chart is trying to load ,via a wireless connection, it brings down data at a rate of 20-30 kbps and then dead stops before drawing the chart. Once this happens the data stream stops, even for the quote window. You must quit and restart Quotrek to get the stream started again.
          "Make it a great day"
          [email protected]

Comment

Had to cancel service..

At this point due to no response on the problem from tech support and the inability to get the charts to work with GPRS under T-mobile data, I have had to cancel the service. I would be happy to help you trouble shoot the problems but I am not willing to pay for the sevice if it won't work correctly.

I would appriciate a refund of the last months service due to the unusabilty on my system for most of the month of June.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            "Make it a great day"
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi perfectinglife,

Can you PM me your CID number so that I may reference your account?

Thanks,

Comment

PM me? What is that?

CID - customer ID Number?
                "Make it a great day"
                [email protected]

Comment

PM = Private Message.

This can be accessed at the bottom of each post.

Comment

Working...
                  X