Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need hHelp locating a file

Hello,

This is my first post here so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong area. I'm trying to use a 3rd party software that needs an esignal file to run. It is an options trading software by Peter Hoadley that uses esignal quotes and sends them to an Excel spreadsheet. I need to install an esignal file called: dbcctrl.dll in order to run this software. Has anyone heard of it? If so, where can I get it? Liverep chat doesn't seem to know about it. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Hi syd697,

I searched my hard drive and did could not find the "dbcctrl.dll" you mentioned in your post. The only one even remotely close was "dbcapi.dll".

Comment

Re: Need hHelp locating a file

Originally posted by syd697
      Hello,

This is my first post here so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong area. I'm trying to use a 3rd party software that needs an esignal file to run. It is an options trading software by Peter Hoadley that uses esignal quotes and sends them to an Excel spreadsheet. I need to install an esignal file called: dbcctrl.dll in order to run this software. Has anyone heard of it? If so, where can I get it? Liverep chat doesn't seem to know about it. Hope someone can help. Thanks.
      Hi,

I checked my computers and several of my client computers for the eSignal file "dbcctrl.dll" that you are looking for. No joy. Can not find the file on any of the computers. Because my computers and my client computers are all running various versions of the eSignal software I don't beleive that the file is from eSignal. If it did come from eSignal - its from a far older version than any one is currently running.

A net search (google) turned up only one reference to that name. Because the file was located in the windows\system\ folder it was thought that the file was a windows file only to find that it had to do with a stock tracker. The reference was from 2002.

Have you checked back with the Peter Hoadley site? That would seem to be the best place to start or your installation disks for Peter's software.

Larry

Comment

Hi syd697,

My question to you is, what 3rd party sfw are you currently running with esignal that require this file? I was able to find the file in my pc, but not sure if this file will be associated with the 3rd party sfw you are running.
        Joe B.
        eSignal____________
        Community Support Group
        eSignal KnowledgeBase
        New User Orientation
        Add QuoTrek to eSignal l Get wireless quotes, charts, news | FREE for 30 days

Comment

dbcctrl.dll

Hey all,

Thanks for replying. I was able to get the file from the 3rd party vendor whose software I'm using. It's from www.hoadley.net It is an options trading software and Peter Hoadley (the developer) sent me the file.

Comment

Working...
          X