BB With JMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB With JMA

Can anyone can help in doing an efs for a Bollinger Bands using the Jurik Moving Average rather than a simple moving average? Thanks.

Sesh

re: BB with Jurik

As far as I know, Jurik is having serious problems with the real time engine for Esignal. They have been promising a lot of additional indicators for some time, but if you look at whats new in Jurik website, you will see that since april 2003 nothings is new!! I guess they are the victim of their own success to some extent

I can not help you either, as my programming skills are zero....

Comment

JMA BB

First let me say that I have not had any problems with Jurik's tools and have become very successful trading using JMAs.

Here are a couple of JMA BB for your enjoyment. The second file is what I believe you are looking for.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the second
        Attached Files

Comment

>>As far as I know, Jurik is having serious problems with the real time engine for Esignal.<<

Not true. RTE is currently undergoing a 2nd round of beta testing. No significant errors were found. Only small stuff.

I have no delivery deadlines and quality control is paramount.

Regards,

Mark Jurik

Comment

Thanks

Whatever,

Thanks a lot for sharing those efs files. Just a note to Mark. Although the JMA is superior to the MA's (simple, exp or weighted or the double and triple MA versions), it does not appear to be as good as the moving linear regression lines. I have been using these instead of the JMA for my trading. Perhaps you can comment on the additional lag that JMA has in comparison to MLR lines. I picked the efs from the bulletin board if anyone is interested. he Woodies LSMA is the same.

Sesh

Comment

Top performance in your overall strategy is the goal. Unfortunately, different trading strategies may require filters to have different properties for optimal performance.

For example, the Bollinger Band (BB) concept is plausible because the center moving average lags so much, it gives price the opportunity to breakout on strong trends. In contrast, JMA tries to stay with price (minimizing lag), and a BB based on JMA as the center line would make it difficult for price to ever breakout, weakening BB's intended design.

Another issue is whether or not it is important that the MA follow the market and jump right along the market when it gaps. Another issue is if price overshoot can be tolerated.

Not knowing the strategy, a priori, means JMA was created to meet some generic benchmarks. A report about these benchmarks, titled "Why Use JMA?" is available for download from the technical reports section, at ...

http://www.jurikres.com/faq/reports.htm#techno

This paper was reviewed and commented on in TASC a few years back, by one of the editors, although the report itself was not published. He said it served as a good starting point for measuring the quality of all moving noise-reduction filters.

Nonetheless, the ultimate question is: "How do you intend to use it?" For many applications, JMA is superior to LMS regression lines.

Regards,
              Mark Jurik

Comment

linear regression

Sesh would you like to share the linear regression efs you mentioned.

Comment

MLR

Hi Rupe,

You should be able to find it if you do a search on Moving Linear Regression on the BB. I shall try and post it here. The Woodies LSMA can also be found the same way.

Sesh
                  Attached Files

Comment

recommendation

thanks Sesh, what other indicators do you recommend work well with these...

Comment

Working...
                    X