Vendor option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor option

l also do not see the esignal option available as one of the vendor options in the Downloader. I am using Metastock 9 RT. What should I do to make it available?

Cheungjwn,

In the Vendor Options menu, there should be an option for "Signal." This is referencing "eSignal". I am running MetaStock 9.0 as well. Please let me know if you see this option. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, but there should be a Vendor option for esignal as well, shouldn't it?

Comment

cheungjwn
        As Duane said "Signal" or eSignal" are the same thing.
        Note that the Downloader in Metastock 9.0 RT can only download daily data from eSignal servers
        Alex

Comment

esignal not signal

if your using meta pro 9 for esignal you will want to use the 'esignal' tab not 'signal' for downloading eod data from esignal into meta through the downloader..... that 'esignal' option was not in the picture duane provided but it should be in the downloader, or at least it is in mine...... using 'signal' will not work, or at least it has never for me..... esignal is between signal and telescan..... other setups may very but thats how mine runs every day and again mine is meta pro9 for esignal.......h
          Last edited by hayseed; 05-10-2005, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I got the same signal tab as Duane but like him,the esignal tab is missing in the Vendors' option in the Downloader. I don't quite understand. How can I download data from esignal then? I have read Alex's previous thread http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=10542
            Please comment.
            Joseph

Comment

Joseph
              The "eSignal" tab hayseed is referring to is the same one I show in the thread you linked. You will see that dialog box once you click Tools->Download Prices then select the securities to download and click OK. At that point the dialog box will appear.
              Alex

Comment

Alexis,
                Thanks, does esignal require us to input any user ID or password in the vendor option for downloading data like the Reuters Data Link?If so how?
                Joseph

Comment

Joseph
                  If I remember correctly those are retrieved from the Data Manager.
                  Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,
                    I am subscribing to both esignal and Reuters data link. In case I wish to download daily data from esignal , do I have to remove the login ID and password inside the Vendor Option tab for Reuters Data Link ? Is it true that Reuters Data Link have more historical data than esignal?

Comment

Cheungjwn,

I'm not sure how Metastock handles multiple data feed permissions in the Downloader, but in regards to the historical data question, here is a link where we outline the various amounts of historical data that we carry.

Comment

meta multipile data

hey Cheungjwn..... from reading your posts it appears your setup is slightly different than mine.... to switch data providers all you do is choose the correct tab... your user name/password is preloaded.... i download from several vendors... in meta pro 9 for esignal you should have the broad market indicators which are reuters specific..... occasionaly i will mistakingly click the incorrect tab and try to download the wrong data from the wrong vendor.... it will come back with all errors.... thats no big deal , just switch to proper vendor and download again.......h

Comment

Hi hayseed,
                          You are most helpful. I tried! It is OK! Why do you have to use different data vendors? I tried to instal the Smart Downloader from Hypertrader so as to download certain foreign stocks ( Japanese stocks ) from Yahoo or MSN, but without success. On top of that it interfered with the Reuters Data Link data download as it is using this vendor tab to download data. Finally, I have to uninstal the SmartDownloader and reinstal the equis Downloader again. Have you had such experience? Although I am subscribing to esignal's Tokyo Stock Exchange data, they do not have data feed for the second section or the OTC stocks. So I feel that the only solution may be to download it from the internet. Please advise.

Comment

broad market indicators

hey Cheungjwn..... i use esignal for real time and end of day local data.... i use reuters for the broad market indicators that are included with meta pro 9 ..... those broad markets are only available from reuters.....

i've seen some other posts on the equis metastock forum about tokyo data issues.... i'm here in the states so not familiar with them myself.... perhaps you could post your question on it, there are several traders that trade the tokyo market there.......h

Comment

Hi Hayseed,
                              Thank you for your referral. For esignal users,is it true that you would not be able to use Data On Demand for Reuters Data Link data? In other words, for the broad market indicators you are referring to , you would have to download the data from Reuters first before you can see them on the charts, is that so?My understanding that the Reuters Data Link tab is greyed out in case you are using Metastock Pro 9 for esignal.

Comment

Working...
                              X