error message when I start up Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message when I start up Tradestation

I received this error message when I start up Tradestation 2000i. Could anyone help me with this? Thanks a lot!

"eSignal Data Manager Notification
    Error
    Your symbol count exceeds that authorized by your password.
    Please limit your symbols accordingly or the eSignal Data
    Manger will do so during its midnight run. If you would like
    to track more symbols, you must request a service upgrade."

I'm a forex real time data subscriber, there shouldn't be any limitation for symbol counts I think.

gracez22
    How many symbols are set to Connected in GlobalServer's Portfolio (using All as the Filter) and how many does your subscription allow concurrently?
    Also do you have eSignal (and/or another application that uses Data Manager) running charts and/or quote windows?
    Alex

Comment

need help....symbols problem....

I have the exact same problem...the question was posted over a year ago, and no one has answered it. I emailed tech support a couple days ago to no avail. Over fifty people have viewed the post most likely looking for answers themselves.
      I imagine it is a common problem since it happens on both of my computers, and I reinstalled globalserver about 4 times now.
      Can someone please help out ? Thanks in advance.

P.S. My list totals 50 and my limit is at least 200. I do not have any other feeds running.
      Last edited by Jeff P; 11-10-2005, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Symbol Count

I would suggest you call eSignal Tech Support at 510-264-1700 and have them help you determine where the other 150 symbols are coming from. It is difficult to diagnose this kind of issue by e-mail or by posting on the Bulletin Board.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I am aware of the option. Although waiting on hold for half an hour long distance for an answer to a common question is a waste of time and money. What's the point of the forum?? I'll suck it up.

Comment

As Eric eluded, this is beyond a common question and would require a thorough troubleshooting session in order to dig down into the problem and solve it. Complex issues are difficult to solve over the forums, because of the sheer number of questions and responses that are needed both back and forth between the Technical Support Representative (TSR) and the client. In addition, our TSR's have some further tools that can assist with this process that isn't available through the forums.

While 30 minute hold-times do sometimes occur, the average hold-time for reaching our support department is much lower. I'd encourage you to call into our support department, or if you prefer we can have someone contact you. If the latter is your preference, please Private Message me your contact information.

P.S. For general information about the symbol count, please visit this KB Article.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Well, I called Tech support, they would not help me. They said that esignal is working and they don't support tradestation. I asked to speak with the supervisor and was told he was busy. So now I'm left on my own to figure this out. I've spent hours on this already.
              I have another software platform that works intermittantly with esignal. I was told to figure it out on my own as well. Hmmm.
              I didn't sign up for the esignal platform, I signed up for the data feed.
              By offering a platform I guess they have an excuse not to help their customers because "esignal is working", so the problem is yours not ours. I'll have to find another provider. Thanks anyway esignal.

Jeff P

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you received that response. I'd like to research into who you spoke with during that call in order to utilize this as a coaching excercise. Could you private message me your eSignal User Name, the representative you spoke with and the Incident # that was assigned to your call.

I have also sent your forum email address to one of our senior technicians who will be contacting you to help resolve this issue.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

I recently recieved a follow-up questionaire, after my initial phone consultation. I replied to it stating I still had a problem. I was contacted immediately afterwards by Eric Lippert (Technical Support Representative) who called me, on his day off actually, and solved the problem in minutes.
                  He has emailed me back twice since, over the weekend, to ensure things are going well.
                  Eric knows nothing of my posts here, he is solely responding to my response to a follow-up. Thank you Jay for your help as well!
                  I am new to esignal but glad I came aboard...looking forward to prosperous time ahead with esignal.

Comment

Working...
                  X