X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can NOT install "eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe"

Hi,

I can not install eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe
    After downloading and clicking on the file, it asks me what program I shall use to open it. When pointing to TS, it does not work.
    Is the plug in installed to TS or esignal and how is it done?

Thanks,

Oleg
    Oleg

Oleg
    What browser are you using to download the file?
    If different from Internet Explorer you may have to define the extension (ie .exe) when saving the file to you computer.
    Alex

Comment

The browser is IE Version: 6.0.2800.1106, XPSP2

Oleg
      Oleg

Comment

Oleg
        Try downloading the file again and make sure that you save it with the full name and extension.
        Alex

Comment

I did try it on two computers. The hard drive of the second one was reformatted few weeks ago. The same problem. When I downloaded the file, I manually added the last time as you suggested the ".exe'' at the end (eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe.)
          From esignal suggested to associate the file with TradeStation, and wnen I click on the file - TradeStation opens and I get the message "unexpected file format". My TradeStation version is 5.00.0822. Is the file suppose to be associated with TradeStation?
          Last edited by medoleg; 09-03-2004, 06:18 AM.
          Oleg

Comment

Oleg
            The file you downloaded is the installer executable and should not be associated with TradeStation.
            When you click or double click the file it should launch the installer just like when you install any other program
            Once the installation is completed then you will be using the Plugin from within TradeStation
            Alex

Comment

I found the problem.
              If you change nothing, the downloaded file reads: "eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe;"
              instead of "eSignalPluginTS2000i_4081.exe"

Thanks
              Oleg

Comment

Oleg
                That is odd. I just downloaded the file to try to replicate this issue and it is being saved with the correct name and extension without any additional characters.
                Anyhow once you have installed the Plugin you may also want to download the Setup Guide for eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i.mht if you have not already done so. The document is in HTML format.
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X