Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congruence of Tradestation2000i and esignal Charts

Hi Alexis and all,

Alexis-I just wanted to thank you for writing such clear and expert advice on FX setup and ActiveX downloads-it saved me so much time!

Can you or anyone help me with the following:

I used 2 indicators on the esignal advanced Charts- Stochastics set at 9 (4)(4)and Directional Movement set at 9,9.. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the settings exactly right on Tradestation to emulate exactly the same settings on esignal charts. I've tried fast, slow,and Classic for Stochastics and DMI for the esignal Directional Movement.

Can you please help me with the settings?

Thanks!!!

Heatcliff

Heathcliff
    The pleasure is mine.
    AFAIK the difference in the Stochastic is due to the fact that eSignal uses a Simple MA for %D whereas TS2k uses an Exponential MA.
    Try the following script in TS and it should return the same plot as the eSignal Stochastic. Note that this may not be the most efficient way to write the indicator but I am not very familiar with EZ Language.
    Alex

Code:
    Inputs: KLength(14), KSmooth(1), DLength(3), OverSold(20), OverBought(80); 

Plot1(Average(FastK(KLength),KSmooth), "FastK");
    Plot2(Average(Plot1, DLength), "FastD");
    Plot3(OverBought, "OverBought");
    Plot4(OverSold, "OverSold");

Comment

Heathcliff
      With regards instead to the DMI indicator I cannot find any differences between the eSignal and TS2k versions (see images below showing the values of DMI+, DMI- and ADX on the same bar picked randomly)
      Alex

Comment

Stochastics Code

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your help. You are right, the DMI seems to be OK.

The Stochastics-eSignal title does not bring up anything inPEditor. I tried to insert the code you sent but I am getting it wrong - perhaps because you intended me to modify a code already available. I am not currently activated to use esig charts.

Hope you can advise.

Many thanks for your help.

Heathcliff

Comment

Heathcliff
          Open Power Editor and create a new Indicator which you can call for example Stochastic-eSignal.
          Then copy the contents enclosed in the code box I posted earlier and paste them into the newly created Indicator window in Power Editor. Verify the code and it should return Excellent.
          At that point run that Indicator in a TS2k chart.
          Alex

Comment

Heathcliff
            Here are tw plots of the Stochastic in eSignal and in TS2k using the script I posted
            Alex

Comment

Stochastics TS

Hi Alexis

Thanks so much for your help. As a newbie to Omega2000i, I had copied your ez script with {code} in the header. I deleted it and it works perfectly!!!

Could you advise on one more point.

I am getting very flat candles on the attached chart. Ive tried alot to see if my settings are wrong but I can't see anything.

thanks Alexis-you have saved me much stress!!!!!

heaTHCLIFF
              Attached Files

Comment

Heathcliff
                At first sight it seems you have the wrong Price Scale set for this symbol.
                Let me check at my end and I will post an image of what you should be seeing
                Alex

Comment

Heathcliff
                  The following images show how the symbol (and Stochastic) plot on my 10 min Bid Record chart and the settings
                  Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis

Hi Alexis,

You have sorted out all those irritating "settings" problems that make trading a misery sometimes!

THANKS ALEXIS - All charts running GREAT thanks to you.

best wishes

Heathcliff

Comment

Working...
                    X