Volume data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume data

As I understand it, the way to preserve up and down volume data is to do 2 downloads with the second one being only tick data. Now if I want to add 1 minute data to my daily and tick files, will I need to reload all the tick data again in order to restore the up and down volume? In other words, if I ever load or reload daily or minute data, will I always have to reload tick data over the same time periods even if that data already exists on my machine?

acmeinvest

the way to preserve up and down volume data is to do 2 downloads with the second one being only tick data

That is correct

Now if I want to add 1 minute data to my daily and tick files, will I need to reload all the tick data again in order to restore the up and down volume?

Downloading 1 minute data will erase the existing volume data however you do not necessarily have to download it again to restore it.
    Export the existing 1 Tick data then perform the download of the 1 Minute data then Import the 1 Tick data back into GlobalServer. That will restore the Volume information.
    Before you perform a download I would suggest that you first do a trial run so as to a) check that the procedure actually works and b) get acquainted with it.
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X