Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with new global server problem

i decided to install 2000i on another computer so i did the following
    1)closed esignal data server down on computer 1 and started on computer 2 and verified that data and password are ok
    2)went to global server and ran set up wizard on computer # 2
    3)opened global server online on computer # 2 but i can't get real-time status to connect and on the symbol tab, can't get any of the symbols to connect.

im wondering why i can get to work on computer # 1 and not on computer # 2 and no, im not running esignal on any other computers. im doing exactly the same thing on both. any hints.

status connect

i can download data using the plugin but symbols will not connect or status will not connect so as i can get live data. im really confused. i made sure that i put in a new copy of the dbcapi.dll to windon/system32

Comment

patr82
      When you start GlobalServer does it in turn start the Data Manager?
      Alex

Comment

data manager

i usually start the data manager first and wait for it to say ok on data and password. but come to think of it, if i start the global server, which im doing right now, it does start the data manager but no luck in turning the status to connect. it goes back and forth between initilizing and trying to connect.

Comment

patr82
          What is the eSignal IP Address in the Data Manager?
          Also do you have eSignal installed on that machine? If yes is it running and can you get data with it?
          Alex

Comment

status

CM*.esignal.Com

i can run the regular esignal and get data on an esignal chart

Comment

Re: status

Originally posted by patr82
              CM*.esignal.Com

i can run the regular esignal and get data on an esignal chart
              did you also close the global server and tradestation completely?
              If you don't close everything, esignal will think that you are connecting with 2 computers. I had the same problem.
              So close everything on computer 1 before opening esignal on computer 2.

Comment

i made sure nothing was running on computer # 1 before i tried computer # 2. its funny i can download data using the 2000i plugin but cant get connect status and live data.

Comment

for what it's worth; things to check:

did you select: real time data or end of day data
                  did you select the good datafeed
                  is globalserver running online or offline ( check if he automatically opens, because the default can be offline)
                  did you run the setup wizard properly

I read that you put in a new copy of the dbcapi.dll. I already installed more than 20 Tradestations, but i NEVER had to install that copy. Perhaps there is a problem with that dll.
                  I personally use 2 pc's : one with Windows 2000 Server and a second one with Windows 2000 to download data (because the Server version is refused for downloading with the plug-in) and everything works perfect.

Comment

installing global server

i want to summarize my efforts to get 2000i to work on my computer # 2.
                    it still won't work so heres what i've done.
                    i have it working perfectly on computer # 1 but not # 2. so i decided to install on computer # 3 and then on #4. it works perfectly on computer 1, 3 and 4. but because of # 2, im becoming obsessed with this. so im completely uninstalled 2000i on # 2. even went to the registry and deleted any reference to omega or 2000i. i deleted any folders with omega or 2000i and then i re installed 2000i on # 2. guess what.? i still didn't work but will easily work on 1, 3 and 4. now im really obsessed with this. i need some feedback on what you think might be the problem but i want everyone to assume that i know how to install this correctly because i have it right on 3 other computers. i know im doing everything right. it has to be something with the hardware/software on computer # 2 but not me or the 2000i that I have. i feel so defeated on this but not going to give up.
                    pat

Comment

one thing i forget to add. while im running 2000i/global server on computer # 2, even though it says not connected, i can download data into my global server using 2000i plugin, i just can't get live data or get GS to say connected and receive quotes. go figure

Comment

patr82,

i once had the same problem. the solution was to uninstall and reinstall esignal. I think that the link between esignal and TS can be damaged. In that case esignal works well and TS doesn't work at all. I reinstalled esignal; ran the setup wizard and the problem was solved. Perhaps worth trying.

It seems to be normal that you can download with the plug in even if you are not connected. It works on my computer as well.

Tomorrow i'm going to install a complete new computersystem from scratch. I will see if everything will be functioning well.

Comment

if you have a firewall, check that he is not blokking acces to the internet for your TS.

Comment

i uninstalled esignal and then re installed and it still doesn't work on this one computer. i really don't have a firewall except the router that connects my 4 computers gives me some firewall protection. everycomputer on this network does fine except this computer.
                            a month ago, this computer used to work just fine with esignal/2000i. im racking my brain to remember what software i possibly installed that could affect it. i just don't know.

Comment

i was trying to install a software program that would let me listen to the squak on the floor of the cme and it would not let me finish, said it couldn't find the network settings. i can install that same software program on all my other computers. SO
                              it has to be that my global server can't get through to the internet, though i can download data using data manager and the 2000i plugin. does that help anybody think of anything i should do to see whats preventing global server from connecting.
                              this is really WEIRD.
                              pat

Comment

Working...
                              X