Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Data on TradeStation

Hello,

I have read the posts on how to set up TradeStation with the eSignal plug-in. So far, I have not been successful running TS2k.

I went as far as fixing GlobalServer and verifying that the data is distributed. Things that I tried are uninstalling and re-installing TS2K and GlobalServer with SP5. Run Global Wizard after replacing the dbcapi.dll file. At least I got Globalserver to distribute the data in the symbol portfolio.

However, I have not been able to plot a chart yet since I have the plug-in. One thing that I noticed was the Field in the Format Symbol Dialog box is empty and someone told me it should be Trade Record.

kmaster
    Can you plot a chart in real time if you uninstall the Plugin?
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried it out on Real Time as I am mostly an End of the Day user. I do not have access to the computer with TS2k during the day. My computer at work does not allow me to install any personal programs.

I think I found the root cause of the problem accidentally. I deleted the symbols in the portfolio. Then added them back. Last I download the data.

I tried it briefly before I left for work and it appears to be ok.

How do I add the screenshots as part of the post? Thanks again.

Comment

tradestation set up

Hi I have the same problem you had with plotting charts after downloading the data into GS. I am wondering if you found a solution to it and if you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

Adam
        [email protected]
        [email protected]

Comment

kmaster

How do I add the screenshots as part of the post?

Scroll down on the page in which you are composing the message and you will see the Attach File section. That allows you to include attachments (one only per message) to a post.
          Alex

Comment

Hi adambranch,

First, follow Alexis instructions:

1. Update TS2ki to SP5
            2. Load the eSignal Plug-In
            3. Copy the dcapi.dll file from the eSignal folder to Windows/system32/
            4. Clear all the old symbols in the GlobalServer portfolio
            5. Do the download.

I am not sure but I suspect the data from History Bank cannot be mixed with eSignal data.

I loaded TS2ki into my laptop, did the above (except the clearing of symbols as I did not load the HistoryBank CD data) and it works perfectly.

Let me know if this resolve your problem.

Comment

Working...
            X