Real Time Symbol Connection Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time Symbol Connection Error

I am trying to make a real time connection through eSignal. I ran the setup Wizard: DBC online/500 symbols. I also setup the TS Plugin.

When I tried to connect the symbol, the realtime cell shows "error". I am running v5.0822 on windows 98. I am able to download the end of day data through the plugin.

On TS chart, if I set it to daily, the eod data shows. If I choose tick or intraday, the message "No data in range" shows (obviously as the symbol is not connected).

I appreciate any assistance to this matter. Thank you.

kmaster
    What IP address is showing in Data Manager? (depending on the versions of Data Manager it will be under File->Properties or Data->Communications?
    Also have you tried going through all the steps suggested in the Tips and Troubleshooting in GlobalServer's Help?
    Alex

Comment

Hello Alexis,

Good suggestion! No, I did not go through the steps, but I did after reading your email.

Everything seems to be working. Data Manager data and password shows OK. I was able to download to DM receiver as well. The EOD for GlobalServer is also working.

I am using DM 7.7 (built 281) on Windows 98.

The ip address is

CM*.esignal.Com

Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by kmaster; 04-03-2005, 08:01 PM.

Comment

kmaster
        Are you saying that it is working now? Also I am not sure I understand what you mean with "EOD for GlobalServer". Is GlobalServer set up for real time or EOD?
        Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for the reply. No, it is not working yet. Let me clarify.

TS is working if I download from eSignal as End of Day (EOD) data. GlobalServer will distribute the data and TS can chart it.

However, if I set it to realtime and I try to connect the symbols, the cell "Not connected" changes to "Error". Obviously, the TS chart is blank with the message "No data in range" This happens in my Windows 98 set up. In this scenarion, I have TS chart set up to "Tick"

My version 5.0822 works in the Windows 98 but not in my computer with Windows XP which works up to 5.0771 (SP4c). I am able to connect in realtime with SP4c on Windows XP though.

Comment

kmaster
            When you ran the Setup Wizard did you make sure you selected the Real Time option as opposed to EOD?
            Other than that I can't think of any reason as to why it would not work and I would suggest contacting TradeStation support
            Alex

Comment

Alex,

I did select to Start Online. I have tried to contact Tradestation support but as you know all I can do is leave a voice mail and they will call back. Technical support is limited or non-existant in the US since they are now into the Tradestation 8 and they want me to lease it.

Also the TS Forum registration page is out for maintenance for quite a while (supposedly was to be back up by March 4).

Comment

kmaster

I did select to Start Online

Not sure we are talking about the same thing. In the Setup Wizard process it offers an option to use EOD or Real Time/Delayed. I was suggesting to make sure that you had selected Real Time/Delayed.
                Alex

Comment

Alex,

Yes, I did select Real Time when I ran the GS Wizard (the second bullet).

By the way, I contacted TS and after 45 min in holding and speaking to "Armando", he realized that the TS2000i support is another group and transfered me to the voicemail. So far, no call back yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X