Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding symbols to TS2ki plug-in, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding symbols to TS2ki plug-in, help please!

Hi all, I hope someone can help.

I am currently trialling e-Signal with TS2000i.

I have managed to get the Dow cash and futures to work fine, including history etc, so far so good.

I now want to add the FTSE futures, butcannot get the lug-in to register the fact that I am trying to add a NEW symbol - how do I do this?

When I select "Future" it does not give me the opportunity to eneter the new symbol, and asks me if I want to overwrite.

However when I load the data in GS for LX M5-LF, the data appears and charts fine, but I have no history, and if I stop the GS, I pbviously get gaps in my data.

... so how do I get 2 future sysmbols loaded into the plug0in so they load the appropriate history simultaneously?

I have checked the help files and the threads here, and have also asked ES tech support, but they are not interested in helping.

Many thanks!

ZazG
    ZazG

ZazG
    I am not clear as to what you are trying to do.
    You cannot add symbols to the Plugin (or to GlobalServer through the Plugin). In the Plugin you can only select the symbols - out of those already existing in the Portfolio in a given Category - for which you want to download data.
    If you have not already done so I would suggest reading through the Setup Guide for eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i.mht which is available here
    FYI with regards to support eSignal only provides support for the Plugin through this forum so it is not a question of "not being interested"
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded, printed and read the guide you mention when I first started. I may be wrong, but it does not appear to help with this particular problem.

Let me explain the problem differently:

There are 3 symbols I want to run:

1) $INDU
      2) DJ M5
      3) LX M5-LF

All 3 appear in the GS window, and download the data fine.
      The first 2 also appear in the "Symbols to download" window, but the 3rd does not - in other words I can get the history for the first two symbols, but not the 3rd.

In other words (again) if I were to switch my computer off from say 1pm to 3pm I would have a gap on my chart (and also obviously on my GS when I click on "Load Data" when I switched on again.

Clicking on the "Symbols to download"would not work for the June footsie because it does not appear in the "Symbols to download" window.

Thanks

BTW, it was never explained to me that eS supplied tech support for this via the forum, I was simply given the cold shoulder on the phone, and told to go to the forum which was not desperately helpful for someone who is trialling eS. Furthermore, when I signed up, I was not told the plug-in was supplied without phone support - perhaps it should be made clearer in future?

Thanks
      ZazG

Comment

ZazG
        The reason you are not seeing LX M5-LF in the Symbols to Download list is because you did not add that specific Exchange in the list of Used Exchanges for the Category that you selected for LX M5-LF (which I imagine is Futures). The procedure to add Exchanges is explained in the guide I suggested in the steps

• Click Add Item… and the following window will open.

< image not shown >

• Select the desired Category (in this case Index) from the dropdown menu.

< image not shown >

• Select the Exchange(s) that you want to include/exclude within this Category, then select the Field(s) and Resolution(s) you need.

Once you add the required Exchange (ie LIFFE) the symbol(s) for that Exchange will appear in the Symbols to Download list
        As to the support policy for the Plugin this is stated by eSignal in this sticky post at the very beginning of this forum. BTW I do not work for eSignal
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis

Thanks for your quick answer - I have lost count of the number of times I have done what you suggest - I have even deleted all items in the LH column - every time I try to add an item I get a dialog box which says "Add Item". Item already exists. Do you want to replace it, with a choice of Yes or No. If I click Yes, then try to d/l the history, the LX M5-LF does still not appear.

One minor point: is this symbol not a future symbol (instead of an index?)

Thanks for pointing me to the sticky by the way: it would have been nice to have been told this a week ago when I signed up for the trial!!!!
          ZazG

Comment

ZazG
            First of all what Category did you use for LX M5-LF ?
            If you used the default setting it would be a Future but you can actually set it to be anything you want.
            Once you have determined the Category is that Category listed in the Items to Download? If it is then right click the Category and select Edit Item. Once you get the next screen you need to make sure that LIFFE is in the top list of Exchanges (ie the Used Exchanges). If not scroll down the list of Available Exchanges until you find it then Add it to the Used Exchanges.
            At that point when you save you will get the "Item already exists" message. Click OK
            Try to follow these steps and you should get the symbol listed (see in my prior message the image showing that the symbol is available)
            Alex

Comment

Nope, still doesn't work - I've been trying for nearly a week.

It just doesn't appear in the GS, whatever I do.
              ZazG

Comment

ZazG
                At this point you need to post some images showing the Settings for the symbol in GlobalServer and the settings for the Category in the Plugin. Also where in the Plugin is the LIFFE listed for the Category assigned to the symbol (an image would be helpful)?
                Alex

Comment

I have finaly got there, after loading everything onto a new machine.

The annoying thing is that I don't know what caused the problem in the first place.
                  Last edited by ZazG; 05-08-2005, 01:36 PM.
                  ZazG

Comment

Working...
                  X