download complete with no data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download complete with no data

Just upgraded to a new computer, and having problems. On original installation, I installed the latest Esignal software first, thinking the Globalserver installation would just pick up on it .... didn't happen. So I re-installed Tradestation and let it install the Esignal software, then upgraded on the Esignal site. I'm getting realtime data fine now.
    Installed the plug-in, but when I try to download data, it just goes thru the motions and says 'download complete' with no data downloaded (or maybe 1 point). If I go back and start up the old computer and application, it downloads just fine.
    On the original Esignal program install, the computer asked about letting the data thru, to which I said 'always'. It didn't ask for the plug-in, but I imagine it already has the Esignal data approval. I have re-installed the plug-in, but no change.

Just stumped right now. Help.

Phil

Phil
    See this thread for a possible solution
    Alex

Comment

Boy, did I want that to work!! But it didn't.

I had a dbcapi.dll dated 6/18/1999 in my windows/system32 file, and changed the extension; then copied in the dbcapi.dll file from Esignal dated 3/2/2005, but it hasn't changed my results ....... I go to download, and I guess the one piece I get is probably the daily (not sure), I definitely am not getting any tick or minute data. I also tried it with no dbcapi.dll, and same result.

Phil

Comment

Phil
        Couple of things that come to mind.
        After having reinstalled TradeStation and before installing the Plugin did you run the Setup Wizard? If not you may want to try that and then reinstall the Plugin
        Also you say that during the installation of eSignal your computer asked about letting the data thru. This seems to indicate that you have a firewall. If that is the case have you tried using the Plugin with the firewall disabled?
        Alex

Comment

You're always a lifesaver, Alexis, and I certainly appreciate your determination.

I tried turning off the Windows XP firewall, and it had no affect. But then, I re-installed my router software (I don't use a network, but do have all my computers tied into the DSL with a router) since this was my new main computer, and restarted it (which I hadn't done after re-installing the downloader).

Anyway, between those things, it works now. Probably didn't hurt to have the new dbcapi.dll file in there also.

Again, thanks,
          Phil

Comment

Phil
            My pleasure and glad to hear everything is working
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X