Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add symbols/update data

Hey,

I'm new to eSignal, using the eSignal 7.9 build 719 and the eSignal TS2000i Plug-in 4081.

As an example I set up the Dax Future AX M5-DT and the Adidas share ADS-XET. The real time signal is working fine, but when I try to download the historical data, the Plug-in always gives out the message: No symbols found.

I already copied the dbcapi.dll to the system32 folder (where by the way such file didn't exist)

Another thing is, if I use the Add Symbols from Dictionary function and search the category: "Stocks", exchange: "Xetra" and search for: "*" nothing is found.

Thanks for any help

Martin

Martin

the Plug-in always gives out the message: No symbols found

That is because in the Plugin you have to add EUREX and XETRA to the Used Exchanges list for the Category to which you assigned those symbols (I presume the Categories are Future and Stock respectively). See this thread with the solution to an almost identical issue.

I already copied the dbcapi.dll to the system32 folder (where by the way such file didn't exist)

FWIW if it was not there in the first place you can remove it as it isn't required. In my installation I do not have dbcapi.dll in the windows/system32 folder.

if I use the Add Symbols from Dictionary function and search the category: "Stocks", exchange: "Xetra" and search for: "*" nothing is found.

That is because GlobalServer's database is becoming increasingly outdated and does not have those symbols. You will have to insert them manually
    Alex

Comment

Hey Alex,

many thanks for the very fast reply.

I added Xetra to the used exchanges list and it works now for the shares.

In the list of future exchanges the eurex is already listed, so this wouldn't help here. I still don't get any data.

Martin

Comment

Martin
        Did you set up AX M5-DT as a Future? Also what Exchange is it assigned to in GlobalServer?
        You may want to post some images of the Settings for AX M5-DT because at my end it is showing up in the list of Symbols to Download
        Alex

Comment

Hello,

I just found out what was wrong, I set up the ax m5 as an stock and not as an future.

Again many thanks for your help, now everything is running smooth

Martin

Comment

Working...
          X