Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with GC realtime updates

Hi there,

I've got a strange problem only with comex Gold future contracts. The realtime daily chart is cryptic, which means it shows some, but not a lot of data points somewhere (near the traded prices), but is obviously not accurate and has not enough updates even if it shows new prices from time to time.
    I checked the settings for the symbols in globalserver several times and after downloading from esignal the chart looks good, so ESignal provides the data (definitely after hours) correctly, but the next day the same effect occurs. It looks like that the GlobalServer does not receive or accepts all ticks or the realtime data are not distributed correctly.
    The problem only occurs on Gold (maybe on Comex) products, everything else is running perfect.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Mike

Mike
    You may need to post some screenshots showing all your settings for the contract (inclusive of Sessions, History to Save, etc) and a chart illustrating the problem. Also what specific symbol are you using?
    Without the above information it is close to impossible to try and determine what the cause could be.
    Alex

Comment

How to?

Sorry, but do you copy the screenshots into the message box?
      Mike

Comment

Mike
        You can either attach an image (one attachment only per message) using the Attach File button which is in the page in which you compose your message or you can insert them inline in which case you can include multiple images. To insert them inline you need to first upload the images to File Sharing (or other web site) and then insert the URL link in the text using the IMG tags
        Alex

Comment

I am obviously not able to create a nice post with several Screenshot so I have to send them individually:
          This is the Chart of Gold
          Attached Files

Comment

After the download of historical data it looks like this:
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the symbol setup:
              Attached Files

Comment

The session setup
                Attached Files

Comment

and at last the history setup.

I hope that helps...

Thanks,

Mike
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mike
                    I have been running GC Q5 and GC Q5=2 (more on this later in this message) in real time over the last three days and I am unable to replicate the issue you are seeing.
                    The following two charts show what appears at my end for each symbol. In both cases the last three daily bars were created in real time and no download was performed. The daily and intraday data prior to the last three days was instead downloaded using the latest version of the Plugin.
                    As far as I can see the daily values of the last three days match exactly what I get on eSignal charts and what is shown in the intraday TS2k charts

Here below are my setups for the two symbols. I am showing only the Sessions settings as they are the only difference between the two symbols. FWIW in History to Save I use 1 Tick Trade Record, 1 Min Trade Record and 1 Day Trade Record for both. All other settings are as per GlobalServer's defaults

Here are some observations I have on your setup. The first thing I noticed is that you are using RTH (Regular Trading Hours) only in your Sessions. However as far as I know the Close time you have in your Sessions settings is incorrect as it should be 13:30. Actualy mine is also incorrect for Friday only as it should be 16:30 but I left it at 13:30 as I was already collecting data in real time and did not want to stop the process.
                    The second observation is that while you have the session times set to RTH you are using the all sessions symbol which means that you are going to inevitably have a disparity between your daily and intraday charts. You may want to consider using the symbol GC Q5=2 which is for the day session only. Ideally you may want to have both the all sessions and the day session in which case all you need to do is replicate my setup.
                    The last observation concerns the "after download" daily chart you posted. Even though you downloaded the data I still see some strange errors on your charts which makes me think there may be something else that is not working properly in your TS2k.
                    You may want to clean up and compact your database and if the problems persists you may want to consider reinstalling TS2k.
                    Hope this helps
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X