TS2000/Global Server Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2000/Global Server Forex

I'm trying to configure TS2000 to chart Forex data and have been following the instruction in the post but when I get to "download from esignal" and check the Forex box, in the only choice I have is Trade Record 1 Minute.

Also, I formatted all my symbols to "Bid record" and everything works just fine on my radar screen yet my charts remain blank.

Can anybody help?

harper696
    With regards to your first issue that is because you have not set up the Resolutions to download for that particular Category. Follow the instructions that are in the same location from which you downloaded the Plugin.
    Make sure that when setting up the chart you are using Bid Record in the appropriate field
    Alex

Comment

I took your advice and followed the instructions to a tee and I still come back to the same problem, the only resolution it will let me have is "one Minute" in the "History Settings" box. Stocks and Futures have the other options but not forex.

I insured all my symbols have the proper Field setting, "Bid Record", still starring at blank charts. In the top left had of the chart I get a message"No data available for this range".

One thing that I did notice that when I went into Edit Symbol and hit load data "Bid Record 1 Tick" was full.

Pete
      Last edited by harper696; 06-17-2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Pete
        Without seeing exactly what you are referring tpo it is a bit difficult to understand what the issue is.
        Anyhow if you are referring to the Resolutions available in the Plugin that is because you have not yet set it up to download those spoecific Resolutions for that specific Category (ie Item)
        You need to right click the Item Forex, then select Edit Item. This will open another window where you need to check both 1 Tick Bid Record and 1 Tick Ask Record (see image below) or other resolution as explained in the following excerpt from this thread.
        Note that even though you may be requesting only 1 Tick Bid Record the 1 Tick Ask Record AND 1 Minute Trade Record (OR 5 Minute Trade Record OR 1 Day Trade Record) must also be configured in the ActiveX Plugin else no data will be saved (even if the ActiveX will actually download it). This is a known issue but is easily resolved with the setting shown

BTW these steps are explained in both the Setup Guide for eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i.mht available here and in this thread.
        Once you have done all the above you should see that 1 Bid Tick Record will be an available choice for the download of data through the Plugin.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks that resolved the issue with the global server, however I went though the thread on setting up (Format) the symbols step by step and I'm still looking at blank charts with that evil "no data available in the top left hand corner.

There must be another setting I'm missing.

Pete

Comment

Pete
            You need to select Bid Record from the Field dropdown menu (see image) in Format Symbol.
            Alex

Comment

Alex
              That screen shot you sent me is exactly what I have been doing. I open a new chart window, select the symbol, then change the field, then plot. Voila a blank screen.

For some reason it won't plot the bid.

Pete

Comment

Pete
                At this point you may need to provide some screenshots of the steps you are taking as it is difficult to understand what may be happening without actually seeing it.
                Alex

Comment

Alex

I actually had the thing working this morning for three hours, then at 11:00 my time it stopped plotting. The global server is still collecting data and the sessions are set properly. It seems at some point Trade Station and the Global Server stop talking to each other, even the ctrl+F5 refresh fails to update the charts. Any thoughts?

Pete

Comment

Pete
                    As I indicated in my prior reply without seeing what your setup is it is next to impossible to understand what could be causing this. Irrespective the fact that the problem appears to be between GlobalServer and Tradestation would suggest that you have some incorrect setting.
                    Alex

Comment

Alex

I started from scratch and re-installed TS2000, used the settings you gave me and all is good.

Thanks so much for your help.

Pete

Comment

Pete
                        You are most welcome
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X