Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalserver Error

Hi,

I have installed TS2000i + Globalserver + Plugin properly but when I try to connect a symbol (FOREX) in the globalserver I cannot connect, it says: error.

What is the matter?

(The historical download plugin works fine though....)
    Last edited by Duration; 08-12-2005, 08:55 AM.

Re: Globalserver Error

Originally posted by Duration
    Hi,

I have installed TS2000i + Globalserver + Plugin properly but when I try to connect a symbol (FOREX) in the globalserver I cannot connect, it says: error.

What is the matter?

(The historical download plugin works fine though....)
    Go in your Global Server and edit the data . Delete 1 quote and save the file.
    Try to reconnect the symbol. The problem is that your plug-in corrupted the data. I had today the same problem for ES and $SPX.

Comment

I have uninstalled everything and reinstall everything without the plugin and it says the same...

Comment

No one ever had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Duration
          No one ever had this problem?
          Have you already tried to connect another symbol?

Have you tried do delete 1 quote and save the file again? This might solve your problem.

Comment

Yes I tried other symbols (forex, stocks etc.) and I tried to delete on quote and save the file again, and nothing works.

I still can download historical data via the plugin but I cannot get real-time data...

Comment

Duration
              You will need to provide more information on your setup, versions of the various programs, whether the Data Manager is running, etc.
              Alex

Comment

Data Manager 7.9.1 : running, synchronised with the computer clock, address is CM*esignal.com
                E-Signal Pro 7.9.1: running

"Latest" 5.00.0822 Globalserver: running, started in online mode, symbol inserted strictly respecting the tutorial file "Setting Up Tradestation 2000i with the Esignal Data feed.doc"

What else do you need know?

Thankyou for your help,

Comment

If this helps...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Duration
                    When you installed TS2k what real time feed did you select? Also did you run the Setup Wizard?
                    Can you bring up charts in eSignal?
                    Alex

Comment

I selected DBC Online Subserver and esignal as mentionned in every manual.

i ran and re-ran the setup several times selecting the same parameter.

I can create charts in esignal.

Comment

Duration
                        In looking at the image you posted it would appear that GlobalServer is failing to connect to the Data Manager which is probably why you are getting error when Connecting a symbol (shown below is how it should appear when connected).
                        The first thing I would do is to search for all instances of dbcapi.dll on the hard drive and check that they are all dated as the one in the eSignal folder. Before overwriting any of the older copies of dbcapi.dll make sure that you either store a copy of each in a safe location or rename it to (for example) dbcapi.old. See if that fixes the problem
                        Alex

Comment

The plugin is not installed this time (it was installed in previous installs but it did not help). Do you think I should install it and see if this helps?

Comment

Duration
                            It should make no difference whether the Plugin is installed or not. Having said that I would not install it for now while you try and sort out the problem you are experiencing
                            Alex

Comment

.... what can I try to fix the problem then?
                              Even the engineers at RT support have no idea...

Comment

Working...
                              X