Problems with Symbol Dow Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Symbol Dow Jones

Help! I tried to add Dow Jones Index ($INDU) in TS2k but data does not load.

The problem is that the Field in the Format Symbol box is empty (I need to add Trade Record (for a day). I am attaching a copy of the screen in Word.
    Attached Files

kmaster
    If you believe you have all the Settings for that symbol set up correctly in GlobalServer (I have no way of knowing that unless you provide more information and/or screenshots) then you may want to consider exporting the existing data for that symbol, then deleting the symbol from the Portfolio and recreating it from scratch.
    Feel free to provide more details regarding how you have set up that symbol as they may provide some clues to what is happening at your end. FWIW I am not seeing any problems in plotting data for $INDU (see image below)
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

This is how I set up the symbol:

1. On GlobalServer, Format/Insert Symbol
      2. Add New (from DBC online)
      3. Typed "$INDU"
      4. Root: $INDU
      5. Exchange: NYSE

Next, I downloaded the data from esignal to indices/$INDU. I made sure the "1 day" box was checked. Then, I verified data was downloaded by Right Clicking on $INDU/Edit Symbol/Load Data. I have data from 1/2/1920 to 8/23/2005.

But in TradeStation, when I type "$INDU" the screen goes blank with the prompt "Waiting for Data".

I did delete the symbol and redid the above with the same results. When I get home, I'll delete it again after first exporting the data, and them importing it back.

Let me know if there is another way. Thanks.

Comment

kmaster
        Those are the same settings I have in my GlobalServer. If reinserting the symbol does not fix the issue you may want to try reindexing the database. See this thread for a brief explanation on how to reindex GlobalServer's database.
        Failing that you may want to try reinstalling TradeStation
        Alex

Comment

Alexis,

Thanks for your help!

Somehow it works now. I deleted $INDU. Close GlobalServer and TradeStation. Then opened them again. Add the new symbol and download.

Thanks again.

Comment

kmaster
            Glad to hear it is now working properly and you are most welcome
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X