Global Server/TS2000i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Server/TS2000i

Hi I having a dificult time integrating TS2000i with eSignal. I have downloaded the 2 different plugins that I found on this buleting board but on both occasions I was given the following message: YOU HAVE GLOBASERVER BUILD 5.0.0.7007. YOU NEED GLOBASERVER BUILD 5.0.0.768 OR LATER FOR THE UNISERVE TO WORK CORRECTLY.
    I am using a version of TS200i that I bought 5 years ago, but is there anyway I can link with eSignal without going through GlobalServer? What do you sugest?
    Thanks a lot for your attention.
    Alex

Alex
    You should be able to connect TS2k/GlobalServer directly to eSignal without the Plugin. The Plugin is used only to download historical data
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex, but I still can t get a live feed. I have read another thread where they mention that one has to go to data manager and set the IP address to CM*.esignal.com. But where do I do that? on eSignal? and if so where abouts? I couldn't find 'datamanager' anywhere on my esignal screen.
      Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Alex
        After you installed TradeStation/GlobalServer did you run the Setup Wizard? If not then you may want to see the Help in GlobalServer on how to do this. If instead you have what feed did you select?
        Also when you open GlobalServer does the eSignal Data Manager start? There should be an icon in the System Tray. If you click on it then select File Properties you should find the box where to check the IP address.
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply. I have now managed to connect the global server to eSignal. I am able to load US stocks but unable to load European stoks. The European exchanges are listed but there is no stocks listed. Am I missing something? I do have access to european stocks in eSignal.
          Thanks,
          Alex

Comment

Alex
            That has to do with GlobalServer's symbol database. If the stocks are not available in the database you will have to add them manually. Refer to GlobalServer's Help for instructions on how to do this
            Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, I have tried manualy loading symbols through both the 'add from dictionary' and the 'add new' function and both have both have failed to recognize any european stock. The european exchanges are listed but there doesn t seem to be any european stocks in the database???

Comment

Alex
                As I said in my prior reply you have to create those symbols manually using either Insert-> Symbol-> Add New or Tools-> Edit Symbol Dictionary-> Add Symbol.
                You can find the instructions on how to manually add a symbol in GlobalServer's Help. If you search the Index for Symbol Portfolio-> Symbols, adding you will find a link to Add symbols manually
                Alex

Comment

Hi Alex, I have finaly managed to import european data fromeSignal to the Global Server. I have an old (5 year old) version of the Global server 5.00.0707 and I am about to intall the Trade Station 2000i build 5.00.0822. What are the advantages of the lates upgrade?
                  Thanks

Comment

Alex
                    As far as TS2k is concerned I believe that the update contained primarily bug fixes.
                    From your perspective instead it will allow you to use the Plugin which is a huge benefit IMHO
                    Alex

Comment

sorry to have to ask you this , but what do you mean by IMHO?
                      Thnaks

Comment

Alex
                        In My Humble Opinion
                        Alex

Comment

Working...
                        X