Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffer Overflow

hello,

eSignal has been working fine for months with the globalserver, but since yesterday: I start the data manager, I start the globalserver, it receives a few ticks (50~150) and then stops receiving data, although it says "connected" everywhere...

Do you have any idea of what may cause this problem?

I appreciate your help,

After collecting the data it says in the log:

ERROR: 10
    Unable to buffer incoming data. Input buffer overflows.

...any idea about what might be causing this problem?

Your help would be greatly appreciated,

Comment

The data stops collecting just when "1 user connected" appears in the data manager.

Comment

I have reinstalled the computer and I have a fresh install.
        (WINXP PRO SP2, latest globalserver build, latest esignal)

And although I do not get the input buffer problem anymore, I have the SAME problem: the globalserver receives a few ticks, and then stop receiving data when the "1 user connected" appears on the Data Manager.

Pleeeeeeeaaaase any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Comment

Buffer Overflow

Anyone have any ideas with "Unable to buffer incoming data. Input buffer overflow" error in the Event Log. Globalserver starts receiving data from the eSignal Data Manager just fine and then after about 10 seconds, stops. Have tried uninstalling TS2000i and reinstalling. Had been working previously.

Comment

Some answer from the fantastic people of RT Soft:

I know about this error message. It is usualy when raw data comes from esignal are corrupted. At least the same was with MetaServer and it was solved after its update. 6 years ago

The strange is that you do receive pure esignal data. The only what I could imagine.... something like firewall. OR Network card.
            The problem is: there is no firewall, and it used to work perfectly on the same computer...

Comment

FWIW, I searched for the phrase Unable to buffer incoming data and found several posts. Perhaps this will be of some help.

link

Comment

We were able to trace down the problem thanks to the help of some of you and found that the last maintenance release of eSignal 7.9.1 which was posted last week included a test build of the Data Manager by mistake. I've updated the installer to include the correct production version of the Data Manager and it's now being posted to our main download site HERE.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this caused and will make sure that we test this completely with the test version before releasing it as part of the next version of eSignal.

Thank you,

Comment

Thank you for your help, it works fine now *phew*

Comment

Working...
                  X