Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Plug-in symbols limitation

Hi Alex,

I have about 1000 symbols in my Global Server symbol portfolio and some how I couldn't download historical data using eSignal Plugin. It just says no symbol found under the "Symbols to Download" windows.

I have succssfully download using eSignal Plug-in when I only have 100 symbols under symbol portfolio, but not with 1000. Is there a limitation for the eSignal Plug-in?

PS. I have just upgraded to eSignal Premier with 1000 symbols add-on but no luck. So it's not the symbol limitation problem.

Thanks!

Gordon

499 symbols works; >= 500 doesn't

Hi Alex,

I just did an experiment. The plug-in works with 499 symbols but once it reaches 500, it gives me the "no symbol" problem.

Does that mean there is a inherent limitation to the eSignal Plug-in with 500 symbols? Anyway to work around this?

Thanks!

Gordon

Comment

Gordon
      In the main menu of GlobalServer select View-> DataFeed Settings-> DBC Online and check what setting you have for the symbol limit
      Alex

Comment

RE

Hi Alex,

I have 1000 symbols on the DBC Online setting. I even tried 5000 but same thing happened

Gordno

Comment

Gordon
          You may want to check with eSignal if the new 1000 symbol limit is already enabled.
          Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

The 1000 symbols is definitely activated. First I was able to connect to 1000 symbols using DBC. Second I was able to download with 499 symbols (I was using eSignal Basic, so only 100 symbols would be available if my eSignal Premier switch isn't activated).

The problem only occurs with eSignal Plug-in, and it happens at the "Symbols to Download" windows (no symbol is shown on that windows once no. of symbols >499).

It seems as if the plug-in doesn't know what to do once no. of symbols > 499.

Please advise.

Thanks so much!

Gordon

Comment

Gordon
              As far as I can see at my end the Plugin appears to recognize all the symbols in the Category I selected to download.
              In the following images you can see that the Symbols to Download window is showing over 1500 symbols found
              Alex

Comment

Gordon
                The enclosed image shows the Download Performance window during the download of the 1500+ symbols.
                Because I requested 1 day only of daily data (see setup in prior message) each quote Received and Processed corresponds to a symbol. At the time of the screenshot you can see the total is at over 1000 symbols downloaded (at which point I interrupted the process).
                Alex

Comment

RE:

Hi Alex,

After extensive experiment, I found that the 499 symbols problem only occurs when the symbols have a numerical beginning (eg. 1234-OSE for osaka exchange) and have no problem when symbols are alphabetic (ie. IBM).

It seems to be a bug with the eSignal plug-in that it won't recognize the symbols that begins with numerical characters once the number of such symbols reaches 500 (ie. >499). Once the number of such symbols reaches 500, the symbol download windows won't show *any* of the symbols that begins with a numerical characters (but other symbols will be shown).

I had no problem at all with the alphabetic symbols.

Please help!!!

Gordon

Comment

Gordon
                    Other than to pass the information along to the developers there is not much else I will be able to do.
                    This is because to replicate the problem I would need to manually input over 500 symbols in GlobalServer which is beyond what I am available for.
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X