No announcement yet.

Can't get intraday data.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the current status continues to state 'initialised'- there are quite a few event entries but none of them are errors- they mention the build and 'Connection to 127.0.0.1 port 2189 successful'

edit- found one event entry (4th from the last ) which shows CWinRnsClient::Connect -- Cannot connect to to Remote News Server.
    Last edited by rajibde; 08-02-2006, 03:32 AM.

Comment

rajibde
      Here is the Event Log I am seeing as I switch to Online Mode (note that I cleared the log prior to that).
      The last event listed (ie EventID 4) is "Connection Established".
      Alex

Comment

rajibde
        Enclosed are the details of each message shown in my prior reply (starting from the top)
        Alex

Comment

Now this is slightly diffrent to mine- in the event log- my log shows 2 sources- eplugin and DBC online; for eplugin it gives a message-connection established but for the dbc online it states conected to the port etc. but does not at any stage state that the connection is established.

Comment

the last msg for source 'dbc online' is Winros: 8.0 (Build 299) 04/10/2

the previous msg are-

Logging...

Connection to 127.0.0.1 port 2189 successful

CWinRnsClient::Connect -- Cannot connect to to Remote News Server.

The last stage where you get a code 4 for the dbc online- does not happen in mine.
            Last edited by rajibde; 08-02-2006, 04:26 AM.

Comment

rajibde
              The fact that you are missing the Connection established event with DBC Online would suggest that the GlobalServer is not connecting to the Data Manager.
              Possible reasons could be a corrupted TS2k file or some program (including spyware or similar) or firewall that is preventing Globalserver from succesfully establishing that connection.
              If you do have a firewall try disabling it and see if that resolves the problem
              Alex

Comment

rajibde
                For information on using firewalls with eSignal see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
                Alex

Comment

My "error" problem got resolved by simply changing my broardband router. The firewall and everything else remained the same.

Try it and I hope it works for you as well.

Comment

I have switched the firewall and antivirus off + the pop up blocker off but the problem remains the same. Is there any way to check for corrupt files?

Comment

rajibde
                      Not that I am aware of. The easiest solution in that case is to reinstall TS2k.
                      However before you do that see the message that bukhari just posted
                      Alex

Comment

Hi Bukhari- did you have a similar scenario wherein the epluin was connected but the dbc online was not? I do not use a router but I'm aware that the lan connection settings can sometimes cause problems (I need to call NTL for that).

Comment

Rajibde,

I have two broardbands; one NTL and one BT. It was the NTL line that did not work with a D-Link router.

I use to get "error" message in globalserver when I tried to connect symbols even though I was able to download historical data fine. I tried clean install on two pc's but no luck.

As soon as I connected to BT line on a Netgear router, everything worked fine.

Comment

rajibde
                            FWIW I use a Netgear router too.
                            Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex and Bukhari for your help. I use the TS on my desktop and do not use a router at all. From what you have faced it seems that it was a router problem (???) and not with the broadband modem (I may be wrong). Having said that, in the past when I had opened an account with GNC, their trading platform would not connect no matter what I did and the issue was finally resolved when ntl gave me a proxy server address for the LAN settings in the internet connection (under internet options) for a specific port (8080 in that case). In this case I think something similar may be the issue.

Comment

rajibde
                                That may be the case. If you have not already done so you may want to read through the article I linked in a prior message. That article also has some other links regarding connectivity issues (proxy servers etc).
                                If you do find out what the problem is please provide some feedback to this forum as that may help others who may in the future have a similar issue
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X